PC1 Purple Daze Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Purple Daze Question

A majority of us agree that the PC1 model is one of the best in the Jackson lineup. However, what do you think of the new purple daze color? I'm kind of on the fence with this one. Is it cool.....is it ghey? What say you?

Disclaimer: No offense intended to anyone who has already purchsed a purple daze PC1. Obviously I'm thinking about one myself so don't get all offended!!
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

I'm always a fan of purple with gold hardware so I dig it!

Comment

I've asked John Walker about this finish. I like the colour, but what I don't like is the really obvious burst I've seen on those pictured at stores - in many of the pics I've seen, it barely looks 'bursted' at all, and just looks like a dark strip round the edge of the guitar...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

+1 I really dug the looks of Phil's prototype Purple Daze a lot. Nice and dark purple, with a gradual medium dark-to-very-dark purple burst. It could be a great finish.

But I think the way they've implemented the "production" version of the finish has been somewhat hit or miss. Some are real nice. But a few have come out looking a bit too close to a little kid's first attempt at coloring a purple easter egg - an overly "faded" center with a color that's way too light, and a very hard transition to the darker edge which, quite frankly, isn't dark enough itself. Just MHO.

Comment

Yeah, that's exacly what I've been seeing as well....

Comment

I agree 100% with you guys. I assume you saw my question about this in the "Ask Jackson" section. Is it me or did I just get an avoid the actual question kind of answer on that one? I guess that one in the picture was a "one off" guitar. I like that one as well. I have the same problem. I like it but I can't seem to get past the easter egg look. Music Zoo did have the purple prototype a while back but they were asking a lot for it. You also could not see the quilt very well on it. Which is the major problem with any dark stained quilt tops.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I almost went for that proto at MusicZoo as well, but I couldn't justify the price for a totally standard PC1. However, I just checked the MZ site and the proto is described as 'Trans-Purple' and not 'Purple Daze': I guess that could explain the difference between PC's guitars and the instruments we're seeing?

Comment

Heh. Wait until you see my next custom Charvel. I spec'd it as "trans purple", but it turned out nothing like that PC prototype nor the production purple haze finish.

And, yes, if all the Purple Dazes were done like that proto, they'd be killer. That's what it should look like.

Comment

Working...
                X