Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another U.S.A. Jackson! Alvin Wilsons old axe :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another U.S.A. Jackson! Alvin Wilsons old axe :)

I traded Alvin Wilson for my pearl '90 soloist and I can tell you, I was warm and fuzzy(aside from being so from the 99 deg weather!!) when I came home from work to see this big brown box on the front porch.

It's been a terrific transaction and this guitar has a LOT of potential!

Here's a shot of it. I don't care for JT-6's which was on it...so Alvin has an extra one. A black floyd will find it's place on there as well as some new pickups.

Last edited by JZ06; 07-18-2006, 06:03 PM.

cool trade! its definitely a different beast. what are you thinking for pickups??

Comment

I might try EMG's. Never fooled around with those. Probably an 85 in the bridge, singles, not too sure. Something good for clean/jazz.

I've got the floyd all prepped for it. Original 32mm block came off my KV2, was on my 3DR firecrackle. Now a 42mm block(original 80's block) all set to go! Should be coming to life some time this week. I can not wait!

Comment

It's in good hands at my tech's. Should play nicely when all is said and done.

Everything is 100 percent original as it left Jackson back in the 80's. I can't wait to try it out after the floyd is on and the frets/neck has had it's TLC.

Comment

Nice, love the red/maple combo, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Graphic
            Nice, love the red/maple combo, congrats!
            +1
            I have never seen red/maple before.. very nice
            everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

I Received a surprising phone call today from my tech that it was ready. I told him not to rush(he's going on vacation soon) that I'll have more than a few to choose from to jam on.

He did a SUPER job as always. Alvin sent it to me "tremless" I don't like JT-6's so I took the floyd off my kv2 and had the block switched to a 42mm and fitted to this axe. Along with a fret crowning/level/polish, a little shimming of the neck in the pocket and man does this thing RIP! The neck is definitely FATTER than my blue jackson and obviously my sl1. It's sweet though!! I'm spoiled by the radius of the u.s.a. necks for sure.

Here are a few pics of it finished. Action is less than 1mm at the 12th on the high e, JUST how I like it! Alvin, thanks again if you read this.

Comment

That's sweet. I really like the red/maple combo.

Comment

Me too

Comment

I honestly can't get enough of playing Alvin's old red axe! Not sure what it is, but this guitar has MAJOR mojo! Bends are effortless....runs up or down the neck seem like a nitrous system is hooked up to my hands!

Still haven't heard it through an amp yet...it's quite fun to play acoustically. My "jam room" is still under repair(sheet rock) from our flood not too long ago.

People ask me "Why do you have soo many guitars" the simplest and BEST answer is "They're ALL different" I hit a grand slam with this one. I love it!!!

Thank you again Alvin.

Have a great weekend everyone.

J

Comment

Congrats, that looks good! I did a trade a few months ago with Alvin and it went smooth as silk. Good guy!
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Beautiful guitar!

Comment

Working...
                        X