Fusion neck profiles and finishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion neck profiles and finishes?

I've been looking for a Fusion for the past couple of months, and currently have a line on a USA Jackson, a MIJ Jackson, and a couple of Charvel Fusions. I was wondering if there was any difference in the neck profiles and neck finishes for these guitars? My own personal preference is for unfinished necks, and a wide/flat profile (like the Ibanez Wizard 1). How do the US Jackson, MIJ Jackson and Charvel Fusion necks compare in terms of profiles and finishes?

my Jackson Fusion Plus seems to have a bit more "shoulder" than my US Fusion, but the thickness seems comparable. Don't know if they are the same thickness, but my perception is that they are very similar. The Plus has a finished neck, the US neck is oiled. They both play beautifully, but the oiled neck is a cool feel. Both guitars don't seem as flat as a Wizard to me, thanks to the Jackson compound radius.

Haven't tried the Charvel Fusions yet, but I'd like to. That would be one way to get another Fusion Plus without the wife noticing it's just like the one I've got
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I can't compare my USA Fusion to an Ibanez bacause I haven't played them back to back, however, my Fusion has the thinnest neck out of all the guitars I own. In fact, when i pick it up after having not played it, it feels too thin, but I get compfortable on it after warming up.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Active Wah circuit repair?

The USA Jackson Fusion I am considering - the current owner says that the active wah circuit is malfunctioning, but other than that, the guitar is in good condition. How difficult is it to get that circuit repaired?

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth
          The USA Jackson Fusion I am considering - the current owner says that the active wah circuit is malfunctioning, but other than that, the guitar is in good condition. How difficult is it to get that circuit repaired?
          I don't know about getting it repaired, but I do know that I yanked the electronics soon after I got the guitar. I never felt like the circuit turned off - when it was on it was cool for lead lines, but when you flipped it off, I coule still hear the tone pot affect the sound. It was kind of like a tone pot rolled 1/2 way down. I replaced the Jackson pickups with Duncans and they rip, but I recently put EMGs in my Model 4 and fell in love with them - so I'll be putting them in soon.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Is there anyone who finds that active wah circuit to be a cool or useful feature? I also noticed there's a Jackson Pro Fusion on the Bay - someone installed a Sustaniac on it. Anyone ever tried one of those?

Comment

Is there anyone who finds that active wah circuit to be a cool or useful feature? I also noticed there's a Jackson Pro Fusion on the Bay - someone installed a Sustaniac on it. Anyone ever tried one of those?
              Good question! When I first got my fusion I replaced the electronics to eliminate the wah circuit. I would like to play one to get an opion now.
              My USA fusion's neck is close to the neck of an Ibanez 7VWH. Pretty thin but not "wizard" thin. I love the fusion's neck!
              No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

if you look at the 90-91 catalog
                http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page43.htm

je1500 midrange sweep for a built in wah LIKE efect
                its the same as on my warrior pro and honestly i could live with out it ....just feel like keeping my minty blue bolted steel fusion i just got from jimbo here at JCF ...stock ...
                my biggest complaint is that the tone control goes backward when you kick it in so ...when you kick it out you have to readjust your tone

btw i was talking to that guy in san fran about that particular fusion ..... :ROTF:

as far as fixing them ....no problem for a decent electronic tech....not much to it
                Last edited by len; 07-24-2006, 10:16 PM.
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Did you end up buying the Jackson from the SF guy? I hadn't heard back from in a few days and was wondering if he changed his mind...

It's my understanding from reading previous posts on the forum that the Charvel Fusions have a laquered (traditionally finished) neck. Is this true?

Now the guy with the Charvel Fusion I was looking at, tells me it's missing the volume knob...there's always something...!

Comment

I have a MIJ Jackson Fusion (ebony/MOP), a Charvel Fusion Deluxe, and a hybrid MIJ Jackson Fusion (ebony/MOP) neck with a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body.

All of these necks are the thinnest I own. They don't feel sticky to me.

As for the JE-1500, mne is 100% functional and works great. I like to use it with the J200 singles, but not with the J50B (it sounds fine by itself). The switch is designed to completely bypass the electronics. The tone control still works in the bypassed mode because it's a "dual" pot with two wipers and sets of connections.

For the people who are having issues, I'd wonder if it was re-wired at some point in time, maybe the wiring is messed up? My works fine.

Comment

Did you end up buying the Jackson from the SF guy? I hadn't heard back from in a few days and was wondering if he changed his mind...
                      neg...i have a usa jacksons in all flavors except a V ...not looking to add ...anytime soon ...besides ...the bolted steel is a pretty cool little ride
                      and i really do not need another fusion just for the sake of owning another one..
                      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                        For the people who are having issues, I'd wonder if it was re-wired at some point in time, maybe the wiring is messed up? My works fine.
                        Mine "worked" fine, but I just didn't like the way it worked.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I don't like it for the most part, but it really helps those muddy J200's clean up nicely. I only use it for the singles.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                            I don't like it for the most part, but it really helps those muddy J200's clean up nicely. I only use it for the singles.
                            I always found the J200s to be pretty crisp - at least in my Model 4 - I don't remember if I liked them in the Fusion...
                            Blank yo!

Comment

I feel the singles in my fusion pro are a little lacking and the "WAH" is used more on them than the HB, you can get nice tones on HB with it. I tried to get another JE1500 here on the board awhile ago and it seems no one wants to part with em, I was able to repair mine myself, (pot broke) and I feel it is a nice bonus to the guitar.
                              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                              X