Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic strat sound possible from Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett
    Instead of going through all the hassle of offloading the stuff, they just load another guard and sell the old one.
    Or stack the loaded pickguards up in the closet so you can change back on a whim - like say, go to the closet and dust off the Texas Specials and your concho encrusted Stetson, or put in the mirror guard with the Hot Rails and the cut-off Powerslave T - the possibilities are endless.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Just buy second guitar called Fender strat ))

Comment

Originally posted by SF audio
        It's been my experience that this guitar is primarily meant for the bridge sound - screaming leads, full rythyms, etc. The middle and neck positions really don't shine that well...IMO.
        Would most people agree about the neck pickup? Cos im a lead guitarist who prefers the sound of a neck pickup...Im thinking of getting an sl1. I dont wanna find it doesnt sound great at neck.

Comment

Originally posted by nomis101uk
          Would most people agree about the neck pickup? Cos im a lead guitarist who prefers the sound of a neck pickup...Im thinking of getting an sl1. I dont wanna find it doesnt sound great at neck.
          It is basically a noisless version of your generic Strat neck pu, so go figure.
          Because I don't say it
          Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Bert
            I've been playing a lot of bluesy / classic rock stuff lately in my crappy cover band, so I have been using Van Zandt (Blues & Rock model) single coil pickups in my Jackson bolt ons. They sound very stratty. I think the hollow chamber underneath the pickguard of a "real" strat affects the sound a lot too. So it's only an approximation, but not a bad one. A 24-fret neck-through soloist might sound even less stratty, but probably good enough. A lot of it is how you dial in your amp....
            hahaha. i did something similar. i put a van zandt vintage plus in the neck and middle with the middle being rwrp.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by nomis101uk
              From what I've used in the neck position of my SL1- the stock Seymour STK1 and a JB Jr - I don't find the tone to be nearly as complimentary as the bridge position. The overall bright tone of the guitar just seems suited for bright/big sounds that usually eminate from the bridge position. I guess that's why you see custom made screamer guitars with a bridge pickup only....

Granted, I'm comparing this to the strat and tele neck sounds, and those are the classic neck pup sounds we all know and love...

Just my opinion...I haven't given up yet - will try a standard single coil, then maybe a hot rail....

Comment

Working...
              X