RR1 Customized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 Customized

One of the other teachers where I work plays in an Ozzy tribute band called Believer and when he couldn't get his hands on an LTD he had some work doneon an RR1. The guitar started life like this:

(my guitar) and after Paul, the other teacher, and Dave Ross of Ross Music were done it looks like this:

I think it came out pretty cool, and all of the mods can be put back to stock with out a problem. What do you guys think?

Looks nice, but the pickguard seems kind of out of place imho. Still an awesome guitar.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

That's pretty cool, I like the gold hardware on there, and the pickguard looks good too. Now post some live shots of Believer!!

Comment

The pickguard is there to replace the black one. He wanted the guitar to be able to go back to stock.

Comment

Awesome.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Looks really nice, however, I think it looked really nice before the mods too....I love that color combo. Matter of fact I've been watching Ebay for a snow white, black pinstripe, Floyd, RR1 for months and there haven't been any. Seems like a very common color....maybe it's just very popular and people don't want to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
              Looks really nice, however, I think it looked really nice before the mods too....I love that color combo. Matter of fact I've been watching Ebay for a snow white, black pinstripe, Floyd, RR1 for months and there haven't been any. Seems like a very common color....maybe it's just very popular and people don't want to sell them.
              Ha, You too!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Looks grea tto me, i like the pickguard, bit of a different touch

Comment

I like the old version better.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    I like the old version better.
                    Me too.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pickguard on a Rhoads pinstriped body always looked like crap to me, due to all the lines (bevels, stripes, pickguard edge) not running in parallel. The string thru is even worse with yet another piece of metal out of alignment (the wing shaped piece). It's a total mess.

I definitely like the new version here better, because the pickguard blend it with the color
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I like it! Now it stands out.
                        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

It was cooler before.. but It looks good.. it's more like an ltd at least
                          äss howl

Comment

Looks fantastic to me The Gold really sets it off!
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I like it a lot, actually. I just think the white cavity cover doesn't go well. It would be total kickass if you replaced that with a gold/brass one, instead. i.e., So it matches the rest of the hardware, rather than the guitar's finish. That's how Randy's black one was.

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/rhoadscontplates.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X