Employee Project arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Project arrives

I just received my new toy (thanks Andy!), and I'm still using Andy's pics cos I haven't got round to taking any of my own yet! This is an employee project guitar, but other than that, I don't know much! The board is bound in black and the neck is very thin and wide at the bottom (1 3/4" nut and a flattened D shape) but by the 12th fret, it feels pretty much like a normal soloist.

Last night I oiled the board and changed the strings to 9s tuned to 'E', up from Andy's slightly scary 10's tuned to 'C' The truss rod needed a minor tweak, and after I let it settle for a while, I played it for an hour or so - I actually enjoyed the neck which is great because I was slightly wary as I generally prefer a thinner nut and deeper neck profile. Oh, and Gary Hoey's signature was removed before it got to me, which is cool cos it saved me the job

Anyway, here's Andy's pics:

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Nice guitar, but still I'm asking myself why someone should want a black binding around an ebony fretboard..

Comment

Possibly because a bound neck feel is different than an unbound neck, especially the fret ends. Perhaps he wanted a bound "feel", without the bound look.
      Originally posted by Drizzt
      Nice guitar, but still I'm asking myself why someone should want a black binding around an ebony fretboard..

Comment

I love that guitar. All white, no inlays, one hum, I have a neck with those exact same dimensions on a CS Charvel. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Graphic
          Possibly because a bound neck feel is different than an unbound neck, especially the fret ends. Perhaps he wanted a bound "feel", without the bound look.

Yeah, maybe.

Comment

sweet axe! If I ever have the chance to spec a custom soloist, it will look a lot like this.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Vey nice. Good luck with it.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I love white soloists with matching headstocks man, great score!!

Comment

That is a sharp looking guitar!
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That is SWEET! Like a one hum SL2 in WHITE to boot! I actually contemplated having that done CS!
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Nice Model 5! Nah just kidding - that thing is sweet. The ebony board with the black binding looks killer.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Nice...Black Binding over the frets....very Unique and very cool

Comment

"Oh, and Gary Hoey's signature was removed before it got to me, which is cool cos it saved me the job"

You don't like Gary Hoey????
                          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I've seen some stuff on the web and he seems pretty damn good BUT I don't like signatures on guitars, so even if it had been there when I got it, it wouldn't have stayed. Other than Hendrix or possibly EVH, I don't want anyone's scrawl on my guitars
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
                              I've seen some stuff on the web and he seems pretty damn good BUT I don't like signatures on guitars, so even if it had been there when I got it, it wouldn't have stayed. Other than Hendrix or possibly EVH, I don't want anyone's scrawl on my guitars
                              I know exactly what you mean. I had to remove a Kerry King signature from my white KV1 when I got it. Kinda funny Kerry King signing a Dave Mustaine signature guitar.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X