JB's pink soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB's pink soloist

Has anybody here seen this guitar? Jeff let Tina Turner of all people "scratch" her name into it, just after he got it, it was virtually brand new. Crazy.

I carve Ike Turner into my Guitars

I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Comment

Tina is a rough looking woman. If she told you she was scratching her name in your guitar, I bet you would let her do it too!

Comment

i remember reading an article when he told the tale... i guess he asked her to sign his guitar...she had other plans. personally, i think it's awesome.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I read it in the September 84 Guitar World, which I prefer to read over the current issues, lol. I got a whole bunch of mags a while ago so I'm going through them before I put them with the rest and there was a Beck article.

Same mag had Sammy Hagar playing a Strathead Charvel, along with some New York session guitarist. This issue or maybe an 82 one had a letter from Spacey T, talking about Jackson guitars and how Grover built him one, which would be the hockey headstock pre pro Soloist. He mentioned to look out for his band too. Until I read who it was from I thought, yeah, yeah, whatever buddy, sure Grover built you a guitar....lol.

Comment

Working...
            X