Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR0849 pictures - back to original bridge style!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR0849 pictures - back to original bridge style!

Thought I'd share this successful project. Chris Holmes had changed the bridge of this guitar to an Ibanez Gibraltar in the mid 90s - just like he did pretty much to all of his guitars at some point. I wanted to be able to use the old style RR bridge like the guitar originally had but without changing the inserts. So I designed custom bushings that are like RR on top but fit Gibraltar inserts. Now I can swap the bridges easily when I want - but it'll stay like this for a long time that's for sure. Now it looks like it was in the 80s when it had it's best moments. Here are some pics...

See it in action here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymGToGuG-Rg

And a little history lesson for the younger members...
    Back in 1984 on Wasp's first tour:

in 1989 with Lita Ford (refinished in 1986 by Dan Lawrence and recut by Mike Shannon):

in 1997 during Wasp KFD era (note Ibanez bridge at this point!)...

For more info, pics and documentation I've made this site:
    http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/chrisholmes

I bought the guitar from Chris Holmes over three years ago. Thanks for checking out my holy grail.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Very cool Jani - never tire of seeing pics of that guitar
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That is awesome Jani! Great pics.

Comment

Man, that things been through the wringer - broken headstock, broken/cracked lower wing.

ROCK ON!
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Jani, looks great!
          BTW, what guage of string do you use?
          That low E string seems very heavy. 0.52?

Comment

Wow!!! Ultra kewl inlayz... Me Likey...
            Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

yeah, when did the lower wing crack/break happen?

i don't remember reading about that on your killer site.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged
                yeah, when did the lower wing crack/break happen?

i don't remember reading about that on your killer site.
                I believe it happened when WASP played at the Monsters of Rock in UK.

Comment

That is an awsome guitar!
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Actually the headstock is in good shape and never broken - just like the neck and fretboard. Chris used the body to hit stuff/people.

When the guitar was first repaired by Mike Shannon it was in mid 86. But that cracked lower wing happened in late 1989 when Chris used the guitar to hit a crazy fan that had jumped on stage and bitten him in the ear. That's the great thing about Jacksons - they come in handy in all types of situations and just keep playing better and better.

All the documents including log entry, WO, invoice, repair job WOs, Chrises notes, Dan's old painting pics etc are on the site. The gallery has around 100 action pics but I have a lot more of them to update when I find time.

This is how it looked originally - a replica ordered by Toru which he later sold to me - thanks again!

My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Yeah, that is the coolest Rhoads ever.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by RR0849
                        This is how it looked originally - a replica ordered by Toru which he later sold to me - thanks again!

This is the guitar that I am kicking myself in the ass for not buying when it became available.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

GREAT WORK and pics Jani!!! Always great to see your Jackson´s

Comment

Is Lita's fly open?

Comment

as always Jani awesome guitar, pics and story....
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X