KV2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 Questions

I'm going to be buying a kv2 but I may consider looking for a used one on ebay. I have a couple questions about them though. Have all the KV2's had the same neck specs through the last few years. If not which model would have the thinnest neck. Whats really a bummer is there is nowhere near my area where i can actually go try one out. I'm someone who loves a really thin neck.. will this guitar keep me satisfied (all the other specs, and the look of it are perfect for me, so it just boils down to the neck) If someone can compare it to the wizard necks on the ibanez guitars or a dv8/dv8-r neck that would help because I own them both.

One last question. Have the Kv2's been made before with non-trem bridges. I'm not talking about the Kv2t, but the kv2 with the exact same specs, just a non-trem bridge.

thanks
    Last edited by robbo12; 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM.

Originally posted by robbo12
    One last question. Have the Kv2's been made before with non-trem bridges. I'm not talking about the Kv2t, but the kv2 with the exact same specs, just a non-trem bridge.
    The KV1 had a Kahler 3300 (fixed bridge Kahler).

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Actually, thats wrong.

The KV1 had the Kahler 3310.
      Same design.
      Steel rollers, instead of brass I believe.

Comment

Ahh yes, steel rollers. Should have pointed that out since I own one...
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

i'll condense my original post so you don't have to read all of that:

1) How does the kv2 neck compare to the original wizard neck (not wizard II)

2) Can you get a non-trem Kv2? (not the kv2t, one with the same specs)

Comment

Originally posted by robbo12
            i'll condense my original post so you don't have to read all of that:

1) How does the kv2 neck compare to the original wizard neck (not wizard II)

2) Can you get a non-trem Kv2? (not the kv2t, one with the same specs)
            1) Thinner "speed neck", but not Wizard thin (the KV2 also has the smaller medium jumbo frets and not jumbo).
            2) No, unless you want to order from the Custom Shop.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

alright thanks for the response. I actually prfer the Medium frets after using my dv8r which has them. I can also live with the trem bridge too. Hopefully I can stumble upon one soon though so I can try out the neck and see if I find it thin enough or not.

Comment

Yeah, the necks are definitely fatter than Wizard profile... my KV2's neck is ever-so-slightly chunkier than my KV4, and a fair bit fatter than my old Dinky was.

If it helps, it feels fairly similar to an ESP M1000, maybe slightly slimmer.

I used to love thin necks, but now I don't even notice when I pick up another guitar, unless it's something ridiculously rotund...

Comment

You can always thin it down, and leave it tung oiled!! I love thin necks too!!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Buy a WR1.
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

^ The warrior IMO isn't a very good looking guitar (plus it has the same neck specs as a KV2).

Comment

The WR1 I bought here from a forum member, built around 2003, has a very thin oiled neck. Thinner than the speed neck of my 2005 KV2.
                        Hear the universe scream
                        Bleeding from black holes
                        Whom horns careless
                        And whom God mourns

Comment

My KV2 is new(6/2006) and the neck is slightly bigger than my Soloist and friends RR1. I love my Ibanez prestige guitars but, IMO, Jackson necks and all around build, feel, and FULL sound are superior.

Comment

^ the specs on the site show the KV2 as having slightly thinner than the RR an soloist. Is there old models KV's with really thin necks.. or does jackson make any other american series guitars that have necks as thin as the wizards.

Comment

Working...
                            X