Used Rhoads Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Rhoads Prices

I was going to get a used RR5 but instead think I might go for the US model if I can find one for goood price.
    How much can I expect to find them for. I'm talking reasonably good condition. Fins without major chips and not too much mods.
    It seems like I'll be stuck to eBay because I'm buying from Ireland. Does anyone know any good online stores with a used inventory?
    Also do the models without trems go for more as they seem less common? If I could get one of these it would be an added bonus because my guitars at the moment already have trems.

Just beware of ebay because if megadeth signed it you'll pay over $2500.00. For the best deal, try to find one without signatures.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I got one in excellent condition for under $1,400

I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

What do you call that finish? It looks killer.
        I've spotted a rough RR1 on eBay for 800 BIN. Its not been used in a few years and it has a bad chip on it but it could be worth fixing up. Too bad I just bought another Jackson so now I can't afford an RR for a while. Ah well

Comment

Black with gold pinstripes?

Comment

I guess it could be that finish it just looks kinda mirrored in that picture there.

Comment

That's black with gold pinstripes... it just appears to have a chrome pickguard and pickup bezels (or possibly gold?). I paid $1250 for one in that finish and $1000 for a metallic black one both on eBay.
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
                That's black with gold pinstripes... it just appears to have a chrome pickguard and pickup bezels (or possibly gold?). I paid $1250 for one in that finish and $1000 for a metallic black one both on eBay.
                Yup looks like gold hardware.

$1400 is not a bad price at all considering it's in Ireland!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

How much did you sell it for?

Comment

I always follow the prices of these on Ebay. The prices seem to fluctuate substantially throughout the year. I bought mine just over a year ago if I remember correctly, and I got it for $850 shipped. It's in very good condition, with very minor tip paint damage. Around that time, I saw several great deals go by, some even in the low $700 range. Just lately however, the prices seem to be much higher. Most people seem to be asking $1,100 to $1,500. There's a nice purple one up right now that might go for a reasonable price. http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-USA-Jackson...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah it just black with gold pins. That is actually the pic the person I bought it from took before he shipped it to me. It has a black pickguard now and not the brass one in the pic. The brass bezels are still there though. I have to clean up the brass pickguard and reaply clear coat to it, but I cannot wait to put it back on. But i couldn't resist, once I saw it I had to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                        How much did you sell it for?
                        $1700, so I almost broke even, but those damn eBay and PayPal fees...
                        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
                          $1700, so I almost broke even, but those damn eBay and PayPal fees...
                          Exactly why I never sell anything through e-Gay. I tried to once and even though it didn't sell Ebay still wanted a cut. I was like "wtf? Are you out of your fucking mind, it didn't even sell"

Comment

my 1989 pre-pro Rhoads was 1400

Comment

Working...
                            X