My PC1 is here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PC1 is here!!!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Yesterday at work my Red Rum PC1 arrived. The worst thing was a soon as I got home I had to leave again. But tonight.... oh tonight, the PC1 is gonna get it's turn.

Funny thing about it,. though. I dont' know if something happened in shipping or the pickup is too high, but the neck sustainer is grabbing the high E and the string gets magnetized to it every time I play around the 13th or 14th fret. Really funny sounding. After that fret every note is just one high tone. I'll just drop the neck pup and that should solve that.

First impressions...

The quilt is beautiful. Though not as vibrant as the Solar at Fuller's (due mostly I'm sure to the red color) it's still a sight to behold.

The neck has a really good feel to it. It is a bit fatter around the back than my Strat and my ESP, but in no way was in uncomfortable or bulky at all. Actually kind of prefer it after a few minutes. I also have never had a neck that was "unfinished?" like this one. It feel really cool to feel just wood with no oil or finish on it.

The quilt on the neck is beyond words. Going with no fret markers was a move of genius on this guitar. While playing, I hardly noticed they weren't there.

The guitar has a very "broken in" feeling to it. I feel like I've had this guitar for years. Or that someone else has played this guitar for years and got it feeling just right. The unfinished neck is probably the main reaosn why.

I'll post some pics later..

Sounds nice now post some pictures!

Comment

Welcome to the PC1 owner family.
      Sounds like the sustainer driver is not set to the proper height.
      The driver and the humbucker should both be the same distance from the strings. Approx 1/4 to 3/8 inch max distance from the strings.
      -Rick

Comment

Yeah... where's the pics!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Good deals with:
          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Sorry about that. I'm usually the first one to complain about pics so here goes:

I got it out this morning. No comments about my grass. I'm cutting it today.

But I couldn't get the quilt to show.

Even the back of the headstock is cool!

Nice flamed fretboard!

Guess I better buy stock in Duracell!
            Just when I was about to quit the sun came out!!

And a better shot of the headstock.

Enjoy! I know I will.

Comment

a really beautiful guitar! congrats..
              everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

holy crap that fretboard is absolutely killer!

Comment

Agreed, the fretboard is one of the reasons I like them so much.

Comment

OK I have a question. I looked at my "owner's manual" and there is no mention of the control layout. What controls do what? Same with the switches. What does each switch do in each position?

I'm a little disappointed that a guitar this expensive doesn't come with a more specific guide to the controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                      OK I have a question. I looked at my "owner's manual" and there is no mention of the control layout. What controls do what? Same with the switches. What does each switch do in each position?

I'm a little disappointed that a guitar this expensive doesn't come with a more specific guide to the controls.
                      Here ya go... http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...47&postcount=6
                      -Rick

Comment

Good deals with:
                        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

erm, silly question: why does it need two batteries and not one?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                            erm, silly question: why does it need two batteries and not one?
                            It's an 18 volt system...
                            -Rick

Comment

Awesome fretboard, awesome finish.... awesome axe... congraz!!!
                              Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

Working...
                              X