KV2 wiring ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 wiring ?

The VK2 is wired with Volume(n), Volume(b), 3-way and Master-Tone. Since I don't use the master tone I was considering changing it for a Master-Volume. This, I hope, will eliminate the little bit of volume that creeps through as a result of the two volumes but still be able to pull of the "Rhoads style" on/off pick-up switching. Has anyone tried this or have a set up to consider.

The way the KV2 comes wired as standard is crazy, in my opinion... you can't actually reach the bridge pickup volume easy, 'cause the trem arm is in the way!

I started off by switching the two volumes round, and it was like that for a while... but when I swtiched to EMGs, I just went with a master volume and master tone, leaving the "middle" knob unused.

Since then I've actually disconnected the tone knob too, as I found I was turning it down when I dragged the whammy bar round the "out the back" position I tend to leave it in. I never used it anyways.

So now I have two knobs that do nothing! I still finding myself checking that they're all right the way up whilst playing though - force of habit!

Steve.

Comment

Working...
    X