Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Dinky w/ interesting skulls gfx

Hey fellas,
    I'm planning on taking a little trip to Barcelona, and while browsing the net for any guitar stores to stop by while I'm there, I found this cool little piece:

Listed as a 1987 Dinky, the fingerboard looks really nice, the pickups look non-stock. Never seen a skull graphic like that before, kinda cool!
    Asking price is outrageous though

Here is the link for their Jackson Inventory:

They also have what seems like a SLSMG with eerie dess finish (!)
    Maybe any of you spanish JCF'ers can hook me up with some cool guitar stores down there? (Also interested in spanish made flamenco/classical guitars)

I have asn SL-1 with that graphic, its f'in SWEET!!!

Thats a nice looking guitar - someone should grab it, that finish is bad ass!

Comment

looks like they swapped the position of the tone and pickup selector switch!
      were the mini switches also an add-on or a stock feature?

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81
        looks like they swapped the position of the tone and pickup selector switch!
        were the mini switches also an add-on or a stock feature?
        Probably when stock it was Vol, mid boost, tone, with 3 mini switches for the pickups. That is probably how it sits now. It looks like a knob is missing is all.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

ah, so basically just on/off mini switches for each pickup then!

thanks for clearing that up Scott

Comment

It's not an '87. Most likely that's a Fusion (1990-92 USA) with the standard production USA graphic: pile o' skulls. The original middle knob was likely the mini toggle for the active electronics. When the newer pickups were put in, I'll bet they wired it for volume, tone, and kill switch or coil tap...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

that mini swithes are easy to operate. i'd buy that guitar, looks awesome...and if there's some problems with electronics, it is fixable ia a second

Comment

Looks like a knob is missing.$200.00 maxJ/K
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I betting on a Fernandez sustainer

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750
                    It's not an '87. Most likely that's a Fusion (1990-92 USA) with the standard production USA graphic: pile o' skulls. The original middle knob was likely the mini toggle for the active electronics. When the newer pickups were put in, I'll bet they wired it for volume, tone, and kill switch or coil tap...

Actually, this is the "Full Skulls" graphic, "Pile o´ Skulls is the more common one with the pile and the night scene

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                      Probably when stock it was Vol, mid boost, tone, with 3 mini switches for the pickups. That is probably how it sits now. It looks like a knob is missing is all.
                      Stuka has it correct. I have a 91 Fusion with the same config- individual pickup switches and vol, tone and mid-boost pots. I'm not sure when or why they changed specs on some of these guitars but I've seen earlier and later Fusions with the 5-way selector switch and most have the JE-1500 electronics, not the JE-1200 as on that guitar (and mine as well). Looks good though.

Comment

No Fusion came stock with the JE-1200 active circuitry.

You can call that graphic anything you want, Skulls, full skulls, pile o' skulls. It's referenced in the original catalogs as Skulls.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yup that is an SLSMG-EDS odd that they are calling it new. Those were exclusive for Guitar Center. maybe he got a deal or something to liquidate the left overs that we at GC didnt move out of the Fender warehouse. Curious indeed.
                          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750
                            No Fusion came stock with the JE-1200 active circuitry.
                            Interesting, ALL of the ones I´ve seen from the 1990-1992 era have the JE-1200 midboost, including mine....

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
                            Yup that is an SLSMG-EDS odd that they are calling it new. Those were exclusive for Guitar Center. maybe he got a deal or something to liquidate the left overs that we at GC didnt move out of the Fender warehouse. Curious indeed.
                            Gil
                            This guitar is definitely not an SLSMG, nor does it carry an EDS finish... are you sure you´re in the right thread?

Comment

thanks for clearing up the story on that guitar. but alas, my trip to barcelona was shot down in flames. I went somewhere else though, and bought a nice acoustic will be up in the guitars by other man. when my camera is back from warranty repairs!

Comment

Working...
                              X