Jackson star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson star

I was wondering if you can order a star body neckthru? If anyone has pictures of this would you please post them.

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by shreder88
      I was wondering if you can order a star body neckthru?
      Yeah, as long as you got the cash!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here is mine.

Comment

Hey, Toru, where ya been?!? How are you liking your Custom Shop Star? Looks beautiful!!!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Joe, the guitar plays great!
            It is(Mahogany body/neck) much heavier than my other guitars and gives very heavy bottom end too.
            One minor issue for me is 24th fret is almost impossible to play on this.
            My finger can reach the 23rd fret but not the 24th fret..
            I had the same problem with another CS Jackson Star with 24fret(bolt on).
            I'd recommend to have a heel cut or something if anyone wants 24fret on Star shape Jackson or simply to go with 22fret.

Comment

Very cool. What pups do you have in it? I've been thinking about eventually ordering a mahogany neck-thru version with 24 frets. Thanks for the heads up about getting the heel cut for it.

Comment

It has Duncan custom and 59.
                I like the sound a lot.
                The custom works perfectly with Mahogany body.

I have been thinking of replacing the tail piece with Gibson TP-6 which has fine tuners but they seem to be only available in Gold and Chrome..
                I just checked Schaller's and they also seem to be available in Gold and Chrome only...although Kevin Bond model has one in Black..

Edit:
                OK, went to Schaller website and they do have one in Black (FS-1494)..
                Last edited by dinkyjacksonman; 08-16-2006, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Nice! I like Customs and '59s. My Charvel Star has a Jazz in the neck, which I think I'm starting to prefer over '59s now since I seem to like brighter neck pups nowadays with warmer bridge pups. The bridge is a Custom 5, but it's a little too scooped sounding for me, and I'm putting in a DiMarzio Tone Zone tomorrow to warm it up some.

As far as the TP-6, I put a chrome one on my Les Paul and really like it a lot. Surprised they don't make it in black. Schaller is the way to go then.

Comment

Jazz is my favorite neck position pickup too.
                    I went with 59 by accident but once I raised the pole pieces(6 screws on the pickup) and the pickup itself closer to the strings, now it sounds as sweet as Jazz in my KV1.
                    As for Tone Zone, I have a guitar with Alder body and Tone Zone.
                    Sounds good but Duncan seems to have better tone to my ears..
                    I used to like Tone Zone in the bridge position of any guitars though..

Yea, I need fine tuners by the bridge. It's so easy to use and you won't need to adjust the tuning by the headstock.

Comment

Toru's star is the shiznit! I already drooled all over myself when I saw the pics the first time...
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                        As for Tone Zone, I have a guitar with Alder body and Tone Zone.
                        Sounds good but Duncan seems to have better tone to my ears..
                        I used to like Tone Zone in the bridge position of any guitars though..
                        Yeah, my Star is alder, so the Tone Zone should be fine. I had one in an old poplar string-thru Dinky, tuned down to D, and I really liked it. It should be pretty good in the alder Star tuned to standard.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                          Here is mine.
                          SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET KV!!!!! MMMMMMMM!! Kahler and everything!!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Hmmm...

Comment

BOO! Wrong Forum!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X