Got Ryche! My soloist has returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Ryche! My soloist has returned

I’ve been a long time Queensryche fan, and DeGarmo and Wilton have always been a couple of my favorite guitarists. So after watching Operation: Livecrime one too many times, I got this idea to put the Triryche graphic on a soloist. The graphics on DeGarmo’s and Wilton’s ESPs and Kramers were awesome and I’ve always wanted a snow white soloist. So I figured I’d put the two together.

I bought this 2000 model SL1 off Ebay a couple years ago. It started off with a yellow gold pearl color. It was a nice color after you got use to it but not my style. I sent it off to Lee at GMW once I found a Triryche graphic that had the shading I wanted. Lee refinished it in pure white with a urethane top coat. Dan Lawrence did a killer job on the graphic. This is another one where you need to see it in person because the pictures don’t really capture the detail in the shading. Dan added this soft frost look to the outer edges. And to top it off, he put his initials and date into the shading. You have to really look for it and hold the guitar on an angle to actually see it because it is that well hidden in the graphic.

A big round of applause to Lee and Dan on doing a great job on this one! This looks great and plays very sweet! It’s going to be a good weekend reuniting with this new one. Enjoy the pics!

that, is Tight.

Triryche...Love it.

great idea.

congrats Johnny!

Comment

Awesome just Awesome!!! Just curious does Dan do work for Lee or did Lee just paint it and then you sent it to Dan? Get ready for a barrage of PM's asking you how much the paint cost

Comment

Nice! I like white soloists. Cool graphic too!

Comment

Very cool indeed I see you're helping Lee pay for his Merc
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

that is awesome! i love that!
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. It's nice when other appreciate your gear as much as you do sometimes.

Originally posted by quakana
              Awesome just Awesome!!! Just curious does Dan do work for Lee or did Lee just paint it and then you sent it to Dan? Get ready for a barrage of PM's asking you how much the paint cost
              I believe Dan is one of the owners of GMW. Dan does all of their graphic work for them. Lee does simple paint work on his guitars and refinishes but anything more than a solid color goes to Dan. That is one of the many reasons that took so long to get this. Dan was busy painting 800+ black/white EVH Charvels so my guitar waited and waited and waited...

Comment

Actually, Lee is the sole proprietor of GMW - Dan is a freelance contractor to GMW, Jackson etc. My understanding is that Lee does more than just solid colours now - he does burst as well as some of the 'patern' graphics (bullseye etc).....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice and clean... simply awesome!
                  -Rick

Comment

badass, it needs ryche inlays tho.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                      badass, it needs ryche inlays tho.
                      That's just what I was thinking. I'd like to see one done in the "Warhol" graphic like Chris used to play.

Comment

Very nice. I have wanted to do the same thing myself.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
                          Actually, Lee is the sole proprietor of GMW - Dan is a freelance contractor to GMW, Jackson etc. My understanding is that Lee does more than just solid colours now - he does burst as well as some of the 'patern' graphics (bullseye etc).....
                          Yeah Lee did the paint on my bullseye, but he did reference Dan doing the Black target...I just did not realize it was Dan Lawrence. I thought Dan worked at Jackson

Comment

very very nice how much did that cost you?

Comment

Very cool, now you need(or you are in one already) a tribute band! Guitar looks bad ass, brings me back.
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                              X