Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help - any new RR1 or KV2 sightings at a dealer near you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - any new RR1 or KV2 sightings at a dealer near you?

Well, after looking around for quite a while now (on-line dealers, Fleabay, classifieds here, etc), my search for a nice solid or transparent finish RR1 or KV2 continues to turn up empty. New or minty-ish used is OK.

So I'm turning to my JCF bros for help - hoping someone might've spotted one of these in stock at their local dealers? ...Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Floyds only, please. And I guess I'm being semi-picky with the finish choices. No blacks or graphics at all. (Most bevels and pinstripes are OK, though - I don't consider those "graphics", per se.) And, of the solids and transparents, I'm OK with many of them. So I'm semi-flexible, too. ...But it seems like all everyone has is a graphic or black.

If you've seen anything along these lines in stock at a dealer near you, shoot me a PM with info. and the dealer's phone # please. Thanks in advance.

www.music123.com has at least 3 colors besides black in stock.

Comment

I think Zeegler is selling a fairly nice blue RR custom in the classifieds.

[EDIT] http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59120
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
        I think Zeegler is selling a fairly nice blue RR custom in the classifieds.
        I did see that Stuka. Nice guitar, but not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks for the head's-up anyway, though.

Originally posted by Rich#6
        www.music123.com has at least 3 colors besides black in stock.
        Thank you for that!!! I hadn't thought of them - totally slipped my mind. Just orderded one.

Generally, I absolutely hate dealing with the chains like them. Quite frankly, all of my business goes to Matt's Music - he's great to deal with and I'm a very loyal customer. But I need to nab one quickly and in stock so, unfortunately, had to make an exception this one time.

Hope it works out well. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
          I did see that Stuka. Nice guitar, but not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks for the head's-up anyway, though.

Thank you for that!!! I hadn't thought of them - totally slipped my mind. Just orderded one.

Generally, I absolutely hate dealing with the chains like them. Quite frankly, all of my business goes to Matt's Music - he's great to deal with and I'm a very loyal customer. But I need to nab one quickly and in stock so, unfortunately, had to make an exception this one time.

Hope it works out well. We'll see.
          Did you call them first and check availibility? They might actually be out of stock, although their website says otherwise. Most dealers have very thin stocks of RR1's right now.

Comment

My experience with the big chains has been that calling to verify stock usually does no help whatsoever. Generally speaking, the call center CS reps use the same stocking system that the web sites are based on. So, if it says "in stock" on the web site, then the call center guy will think the same thing from his own ordering system.

I should see a tracking # in a day or two tops, so we'll see soon enough. If it turns out to be a dummy order, I'm no worse off than I am now.

And before some dummy reads this and thinks "Ordered from their web page and paid MAP? Is he crazy?" ...Not even close.
            Last edited by shreddermon; 09-08-2006, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
              My experience with the big chains has been that calling to verify stock usually does no help whatsoever. Generally speaking, the call center CS reps use the same stocking system that the web sites are based on. So, if it says "in stock" on the web site, then the call center guy will think the same thing from his own ordering system.

I should see a tracking # in a day or two tops, so we'll see soon enough. If it turns out to be a dummy order, I'm no worse off than I am now.

And before some dummy reads this and thinks "Ordered from their web page and paid MAP? Is he crazy?" ...Not even close.
              Keep me informed, I'm curious to know whether they have any in stock...

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Did you snag the white w/black bevels RR1? I was back and forth on that one but ended up finding a smoking price on a black KV2 that should be here this evening.

Comment

I have ordered quite a few guitars from them in the past (music123). I think there inventory updates every 15 minutes, so they should have it in stock. they used to have great deals on closeouts not so much lately.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredOrAlive
                      Did you snag the white w/black bevels RR1? I was back and forth on that one but ended up finding a smoking price on a black KV2 that should be here this evening.
                      Congratulations! Pics?
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Grrrrrr! GD UPS......earlier today it said out for delivery now it has a message of need valid street number and resched. delivery for the 11th.

"What can brown do for you?" I'd love to tell them what they could do for me but I'm trying to keep this thread G rated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredOrAlive
                          Did you snag the white w/black bevels RR1?
                          Yep. Tracking number in hand, so it was really in stock.

Comment

Congrats, can't go wrong with a white Jackson!
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64
                            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Congratulations. We need pics...both of you!
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X