Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used PC1 at Edina, MN Guitar Center - cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used PC1 at Edina, MN Guitar Center - cheap!

Our drummer works at the Guitar Center in Edina, MN and told me about a "Jackson Strat" that came in. It's a Strat-head PC1 in natural finish for $1299 (can I post that?) that they took on trade, hanging up on the wall away from unworthy hands. Whoever traded it probably got raked over the coals on that deal, but in any case, it looked to be in nearly new condition from where I was standing. I didn't try it out, but thought I'd mention it for anyone who is interested.
    sigpic

Yikes! That's a steal. I wish I was in the market for one now.

Comment

im pretty sure you're not supposed to post the price but still im sure someone on here will go and buy it lol

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390
        im pretty sure you're not supposed to post the price but still im sure someone on here will go and buy it lol
        That rule applies to new axes from JCF sponsoring dealers - I think.
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by nor
          That rule applies to new axes from JCF sponsoring dealers - I think.
          Correct you are.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            Correct you are.
            good to know when i read the rules all i could understand form it was dont post prices period. well now i know better lol

Comment

$1299 for an almost new (can't be too old if it has a Strat-head) PC-1?? That's awesome! The GC in Marietta, GA has a used one, whatever the black color is called, that they want $1699 for and it has some dings, including a pretty good chunk through the laquer. Needless to say, it's been there since May (or longer, that's when I first saw it). But I've played it a few times and it plays and sounds great, just a little banged up. I guess it's what people would call a "players" guitar, which is fine except the price doesn't reflect that. But this is a good example of how inconsistant GC is with used gear prices. They usually are asking too much but sometimes you can find a steal.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390
                good to know when i read the rules all i could understand form it was dont post prices period. well now i know better lol
                It is a USED guitar since it was traded in, so the "don't post price" policy wouldn't apply.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Inazone. I just bought it. Had to pull the trigger for that price. I'm originally from Minnesota so I called one of the guys I know at that GC and had him check it out for me. He said it was absolutely mint with all tags etc. Can't wait to get that bad boy!!
                  Last edited by srommes; 09-11-2006, 01:13 PM.
                  Good deals with:
                  Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

They had a Shannon Soloist a couple years ago at about $1400 and my friend haggled them down to $1200 and bought it at the same store.

Best 2 guitars that place has probably every had.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
                      They had a Shannon Soloist a couple years ago at about $1400 and my friend haggled them down to $1200 and bought it at the same store.

Best 2 guitars that place has probably every had.
                      Yeah, I haven't been to the stores in Minneapolis for awhile as I'm out in Vegas now but they used to have some pretty decent guitars. Back in the 90's the Roseville store used to have a bunch of sweet Jackson's and Ibanez's.
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Did you get the case with it? I only ask becuase GC sometries to sell you the guitar and case separately, even though a PC-1 came with one. Congrats-Jack.

Comment

Yep, got the case...mint as well. They did try to get me with sales tax stating they had to charge it because they had stores out here in NV, but once I brought up the interstate commerce thing and told the guy I was a corporate accountant they backed off that stance.
                          Good deals with:
                          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Congrats on the score! I was tempted to buy it myself, just because it was such a good deal, but I went a little overboard lately with gear purchases and have to cool it for a while! Rather than see it get banged up by the local hacks, I figured I'd get the word out here and hope that it'd go to a good home.

On a non-J/C note, the same store has a Hamer USA Diablo with reverse headstock, dual JBs, Schaller Floyd and trans wine red finish for $329. They marked it down a month or so back for their used gear clearance, and kept the price low when it didn't sell. It'd match my Cali Elite, but again...chilling on the gear purchases.
                            sigpic

Comment

ugg, congrats,.. I was hopin it would hold out till Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X