Pickup for SL2HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a TV Jones TV'Tron
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
      I have a TZ in my sl2ht, lots of output with better mid definition.
      I have a tone zone in the bridge position of a dk-2, and my first complaint about it is the lacking mids. It especially sounds like "ass" with drop tunings. To define it: (how ass sounds) it simply farts!
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Anybody got a Super Distortion in a soloist? DiMarzio doesn't have a lot of sound clips on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
          I have a tone zone in the bridge position of a dk-2, and my first complaint about it is the lacking mids. It especially sounds like "ass" with drop tunings. To define it: (how ass sounds) it simply farts!
          Berkay adam ol iki dakka!

I dunno, I just don't like DiMarzio's. I'm a seymour guy. Therefore I wouldn't recommend a TZ, super distortion or anything like that.
          Last edited by levantin; 09-19-2006, 08:01 AM.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Duncan Custom Custom.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
              Your amp must have no mids then. TZ's got lots of mids and bass, and it sounds great with drop tunings... at least it did when I tuned to D or Drop-C in my old Dinky. I now use it in E on my Star.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Duncan distortion or Tone zone if you play old metal.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  Your amp must have no mids then. TZ's got lots of mids and bass, and it sounds great with drop tunings... at least it did when I tuned to D or Drop-C in my old Dinky. I now use it in E on my Star.
                  At a time I had two dk-2's and the one with the stock duncan designed pup was clearly better sounding at drop tunings In fact the only thing better about the tone zone was its fatter tone. Again, that's just my opinion...
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                  X