NewGuy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewGuy

Hi ,I am new to the forum.Have liked Jackson's for 25 years,but am really starting to love them again.I am mainly a blues player,but the shredder has been coming back out .I currently have a Snakeskin SLS and an American flag DK1.Love them both.I've been lurking for awhile and seems like a great forum.

Welcome... now post some pics of your guit-fiddles!
    -Rick

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the craziest, funniest, most in-your-face place on the net!
        Enjoy yourself, and post some pics of that snakeskin, PLEASE
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Here are some pics,not great ones.

Comment

Nice DK1!
            -Rick

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful guitars. I especially like the flag Dinky.

Take some time to get to know the regular cast of characters around here. They are a great bunch and very knowledgeable in all things Jackson/Charvel as well as many other aspects of the hobby.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That snakeskin... I... I think I've just cum

Comment

Thanks guys.In about the mid-90's I said no more Floyds,no more shredders,no trems at all.Last year I was on evilbay late at night.The SLS was just listed that night.I love 24 3/4 scaled guitars.I used to dream of having a Snakeskin guitar when I was young.Then I noticed no Floyd.Bingo!!!!!

Just recently my friend and I started recording a bunch of music.After a ton of blues songs I said we should do some heavy stuff.After a couple of songs,I really wanted to add some trem stuff.I probably have not played with a trem for around a decade.I grabbed one of my Strats and put the bar in.After a couple of big bombs it was out of whack.I told my buddy I need a Floyd.He laughed"Get the FU$& out of here,you getting a Floyd."I found the flag.It had a great setup,no warble,no headaches.I can't remember why I hated them so bad.Certainly not a blues guitar ,but for metal,what a dream.

Sorry for rambling.

Comment

In the words of the mighty Led Zep: Ramble on

Comment

Great story and welcome Nice DK1 too. Keep rambling. We like that here. Yeah, it's funny how "stuff" happens. I had been playing for 39 years before I decided to grab a Jackson. They are my favorites now!
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

awesome!!

welcome, and enjoy.

Comment

Nice

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome Boomie
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks again.
                              Bengal,it is funny how things change.Guitars and music that I thought were dated 5 years ago,seem really refreshing and almost new again.I loved Jacksons and other metal guitars through the 80's and early 90's.I went in totally different directions over the last decade.I fell into the trap that real blues players had to play certain ways(slow down,turn down the gain,that isn't a real blues guitar).I guess getting older made me understand that I can play blues any way that I want to.I can still love heavy music and be a huge blues fan.The DK1 has been like a time machine for me.It makes me feel like I did 20 years ago.I am glad that things all come back around.Guitars this great should be loved today like they were before.

Comment

Working...
                              X