NewGuy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome. Sweet guitars!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
      Welcome to the forum. Beautiful guitars. I especially like the flag Dinky.

Take some time to get to know the regular cast of characters around here. They are a great bunch and very knowledgeable in all things Jackson/Charvel as well as many other aspects of the hobby.

Yep, and don't trust ANYONE with under 5000 posts.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
        Yep, and don't trust ANYONE with under 5000 posts.
        Are you saying you can't be trusted?
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Just give him a month...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Boomdoggy
            I fell into the trap that real blues players had to play certain ways(slow down,turn down the gain,that isn't a real blues guitar).
            I once saw a picture of a local Country band where the guy was playing a Pepto-Bismol Pink Rhoads with black bevels. It was a righty, but he was playing it lefty.

I think of that pic every time someone says anything about using "certain" guitars for "certain" styles. Someone here asks what's the best model to get for playing whatever genre of Metal, but also good for blues and whatnot, and I tell 'em "anything with Jackson on the head". Blood Dripp 7-String Warrior? Yes, it can do Blues, Country, Surf, etc, as long as the person playing it can. It might not look the part, but the only thing that matters is the sound coming out of the speakers.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think of that pic every time someone says anything about using "certain" guitars for "certain" styles. Someone here asks what's the best model to get for playing whatever genre of Metal, but also good for blues and whatnot, and I tell 'em "anything with Jackson on the head". Blood Dripp 7-String Warrior? Yes, it can do Blues, Country, Surf, etc, as long as the person playing it can. It might not look the part, but the only thing that matters is the sound coming out of the speakers
              -
              The best country bar band I ever saw , the guitar player was playing a Charvel model 6 and had a marshall stack!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                Just give him a month...
                Yep, here in about another four weeks or so I'll be one of the trustworthy ones. I can't wait!!!
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Newc,
                  I agree all the way.The EMG's on my DK1 might don't really cut it for blues,but with a switch it would be a mean blues guitar.I may be looking for a DK1 with H-S-S setup and some cool graphics if you guys know of any.There is one on the Guitar Hangar site that I have been drooling over,but i don't know if that is a good price or not.
                  http://www.guitarhangar.com/componen...mart/Itemid,1/

Comment

Do yourself a favor and check in with one of the on-line dealers...they're top-notch.

Edit: One of the JCF on-line dealers.

Comment

Melikes the DK1 American Flag!

THANKS!

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

The fretboard on your Dk-1 looks great!
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr