Jackson Sustainer System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Sustainer System

Any problems and how does it compare to fernandes sustainer?

Which Fernandez model are you refering too?
    The FSK101 is a decent unit, but the FSK401 is almost identical in feature and function to the Jackson (Floyd Rose) sustainer system.
    Differences:
    FSK401 is a 9 volt system, Jackson unit is an 18 volt system.
    FSK401 has a center postion on the mode toggle to allow both natural and harmonic sustain at the same time a.k.a, mixed mode. Jackson unit only allows you to use one mode at a time.
    Other than that, they work the same.
    Oh and the fact that you can't buy a Jackson sustainer. You can only get one in a PC1 or as an option on a Custom Shop guitar.
    The FSK401 sells for about $200-$250 and they're on ebay all the time.
    -Rick

Comment

Kind of on topic/off topic.

I have a JDR 94 concept with a HSH config. Can you put a sustainer in the middle single coil slot? I was thinking about putting some EMG's in it and it would be cool to add the sustainer as well.

Anybody have any thought on this? Is it possible?
      "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Originally posted by Mesaboog
        Kind of on topic/off topic.

I have a JDR 94 concept with a HSH config. Can you put a sustainer in the middle single coil slot? I was thinking about putting some EMG's in it and it would be cool to add the sustainer as well.

Anybody have any thought on this? Is it possible?
        Short answer... no
        The driver must be installed in the neck position to function properly.
        -Rick

Comment

rj is correct all the time Mr. Sustainer as I like to call him!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I see that the Sustainer system comes with a humbucker. Can that be swapped out for any other humbucker? How about running HSS?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
              I see that the Sustainer system comes with a humbucker. Can that be swapped out for any other humbucker? How about running HSS?
              Yes and yes. The FSK401 comes with a 5 way switch (so you can use it on a H-S-S setup) and the humbucker can be swapped out with whatever HB pickup you want.
              -Rick

Comment

Sweet! I'm actually thinking about doing this in my PC3. But I woudl replace the Humbucker and the middle SC with something else.

Comment

I'm looking at getting a PC1. So if the sustainer is activated will the note ring indefinitely? That would really handy on certain songs I'd imagine...

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                    Sweet! I'm actually thinking about doing this in my PC3. But I woudl replace the Humbucker and the middle SC with something else.
                    Ditto... I just haven't had the cash to do it yet. Mainly because I want to re-top my PC3 if I put in a sustainer... I want to move the controls around to be in the same location as my PC1. That's the only gripe I have with switching between the two of them. Damn control layout is completely different.

Originally posted by gort
                    I'm looking at getting a PC1. So if the sustainer is activated will the note ring indefinitely? That would really handy on certain songs I'd imagine...
                    Yep... well until the batteries died anyway.
                    -Rick

Comment

rj is correct again. If there were a reward for answering questions, he be $125,000 richer Just joking, he beats me to the punch everytime. Good job.

I've got one for rj, since you have had these Jackson sustainers out and have worked on them. I'm thinking of painting the sustainer bobbin a cream color to match a set of creme pup's (an idea of another JCF member).
                      I'm planning on using an arcylic urethane (PPG). I'm planning on having my local auto body supply computer match a cream DiMarzio cover I have.
                      What do you think of painting the top of the sustainer bobbin?
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                        I've got one for rj, since you have had these Jackson sustainers out and have worked on them. I'm thinking of painting the sustainer bobbin a cream color to match a set of creme pup's (an idea of another JCF member).
                        I'm planning on using an arcylic urethane (PPG). I'm planning on having my local auto body supply computer match a cream DiMarzio cover I have.
                        What do you think of painting the top of the sustainer bobbin?
                        As long as the paint is not a metallic paint, it will work just fine.
                        Fernandes uses a plastic cover on the FSK101 driver and that thing is thicker than any paint you will be applying.
                        I wouldn't worry about it.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                          As long as the paint is not a metallic paint, it will work just fine.
                          Fernandes uses a plastic cover on the FSK101 driver and that thing is thicker than any paint you will be applying.
                          I wouldn't worry about it.
                          Thanks for your input. Yeah, I just plan on applying basic paint. No metallics as I would want to mess up the magnetics. I figure it should work fine and the urethane will be quite durable.

Comment

Working...
                          X