Double Rhoads Double neck idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Rhoads Double neck idea

Ok, so I am thinking, how about making the biggest Jackson ever. Currently, the case for Big Red dwarfs everything I own, even the birds and the star, but I want something bigger. A Double(maybe triple?) Rhoads double neck! You would have to rest the bottom point on your toe.

I want it so big, it would have to have 2 serial numbers. 12 string on top, 7 string on bottom. Solid redwood or maple, you know, light.

I am not sure on color, but maybe a light color, white or something, because dusting it would be a bitch, and white wont show dust too bad.

AND, here's the kicker, one knob for everything, right in the middle of the two , but big, like a door handle.

Thoughts? What would retail be, like $25k
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

I personally think its a great idea! A brass doorknob set for knobs would be cool too. Regular knobs would be way to small for sure.I don't think they would list for 25k. My guess would be like $19500 which isnt bad when You think about it.Let Me know !!
    Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

That would be freakin' awesome. Make it so!

Comment

Don't forget that strange Rhoads from NAMM with the necks pointing in opposite directions - that must have had a monstrous case!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Good luck, because you'll probably have to be a champion weightlifter to be able to pick that thing up and play it.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin
            Good luck, because you'll probably have to be a champion weightlifter to be able to pick that thing up and play it.
            It will be a limited run, only available to those over 6"0 tall.
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nah, it'll never happen....FMIC will kill it for sure because it is too much like the Queen Mary's Anchor.

They won't build any guitar that resembles a famous ship anchor.
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Don't forget XXX's Big Woody V - it'd hafta be bigger than that, even as a doubleneck.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
                  Don't forget that strange Rhoads from NAMM with the necks pointing in opposite directions - that must have had a monstrous case!
                  Any pics of this? Sounds cool.

Comment

Nah, you should do a double neck with two different body styles. Like a Rhoads on top and a Kelly on the bottom. Not that would be wild.

Comment

Bigger than this?

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin
                        Bigger than this?

Fuck that little fiddle....I am thinking more like this.

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502
                          Nah, it'll never happen....FMIC will kill it for sure because it is too much like the Queen Mary's Anchor.

Can a boat actually sue someone for copyright? I am hoping to squeeze this one in before any rumored large price increase. Would like to keep it under $50k

Also, I am going to see about having Mr. Shannon signing the headstocks using a Wagner power painter.
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502

That was friggin' funny.:ROTF:
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

+1

I think a twin neck boat anchor styled guitar should be taken under serious consideration. I think popularity would be high, perhaps high enough to run a complete line

Comment

Working...
                              X