Custom Shops Merge Within FMIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind...
    Last edited by IrfaanSE801; 09-22-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Then again, I did have the feeling this was going tohappen back when they announced that all Custom Shops were going to be built by Shannon and the other "top dogs/old timers" - I think I even mentioned in that thread "Oh, like Fender does with their "Masterbuilt" Customs?"

Looks like the Fender "Masterbuilt" line will have its own division. Before long we'll be seeing (or hearing about) "Jackson Masterbuilt" logoed Soloists.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here is my theory on how the $7999 rumor got started. First check out how the Fender Custom Shop is set up:

http://www.fendercustomshop.com.au/buildyourown/

Stock Team-Built would correspond to a Jackson USA Select.

Custom Team-Built corresponds to the way the Jackson Custom Shop has worked up until now.

Master-Built is something that Jackson has not offered, and my theory is that the $7999 starting price may apply to these. If for some reason you feel the need to have Mike or Pablo do it all for you, you can for a crazy-ass price. Some dealer heard about it & mistakenly passed on the info that all Jackson CS guitars would soon start at $7999.

Only a theory, but I think it makes a little bit of sense in light of this announcement that they'll be applying the Fender CS model across the board.

Comment

Stock Team-Built
          Choose from a selection of stock instruments that incorporate the Custom Shop's most requested features and configurations from the past several years. These exquisite guitars blabla

They're made in china???
          Aawww I think I got a "fine exquisite electricity guitar that will bring luck to your family" syndrome...

Comment

WILL WORK FOR BEER!

Originally posted by cookiemonster2
            I think we should pool our funds and hire a private investigator who could get hired at Jackson as, I don't know, say the janitor and find out the answers to all of our questions.
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by McD
              WILL WORK FOR BEER!
              LOL If I'm ever in AZ, I'll split a case with you!!! No work necessary tho. Just make sure the KV2T isn't discontinued before I get mine like what happenned with my order for a Y2KV archtop.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

For european its maybe a good news. Distribution of CS will be increase, i think.

I just hope that price will not increase too.
                Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Originally posted by dg
                  Master-Built is something that Jackson has not offered.
                  Let's better say, they didn't have officially the option of having a choice between team built and master built instrumetns.

But obviously they did offer master builts like some historical replicas by Shannon or extreme wonders by Santana at the master built price level. And I believe that anyone could specify in order the request for Shannon to build their CS (and that would skyrocket the price).
                  Because I don't say it
                  Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

I can't wait for my Custom Shop Masterbuilt Squier Bullet!

Comment

Working...
                    X