Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a pair:

Comment

• Hey VitaminG, how's it going? Yeah, its hard to get it to capture those color shifts. When camera flash hits it it seems to show green. I took these pix in a hurry and will try to get some more of it showing the purple color shift and post them. I have the pix I sent you before somewhere but just don't remember where anymore, I'm sure they're on my older laptop.
      Thanks RR24MAD, those Cobra inlays were what I wanted on the guitar and Tim Wilson at the custom shop suggested doing them in a combination of Abalone and MOP to get the different contrast.
      Rupe, those are two classy looking Rhoads' there

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

• That custom Rhoads is absolutely killer, especially the inlays!! We have a new winner
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

• Comment

• That is cool, Rudy. And kudos on the kahler. Although I'm surprised it has the old-style locknut. I thought they came with a Floyd-type locknut now?
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
              That is cool, Rudy. And kudos on the kahler. Although I'm surprised it has the old-style locknut. I thought they came with a Floyd-type locknut now?
              I prefer that type myself. Floyd locknuts hurt my hand.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• I'Ve got a KV2 on order! I will have it in a few months.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• I never really specified which type of lock nut at the time I ordered it (1998). I have never had any problems with either type of lock nut however.

Rudy
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

• roodyrocker , Does it have Black Bevels on it ? I really can't tell for sure !! That inlay work is so sweet ! Great looking axe !!

Comment

• No, the guitar finish is called Mystic. It was a color used on the 96 Mustang Cobra by Ford for a rare limited edition run. The color changes from purple to green to amber to almost black depending on the viewing angle. In the pix here my guitar looks green due to the flash hitting it however from another angle it would look completely purple. I've even had two people standing in the room at different spots arguing about what color the guitar is I bought the paint in touch up bottles from Ford back in 96-97 then sent them to Tim Wilson at the custom shop to paint the guitar. The Cobra inlays are the design from the emblems from the car as well.
                      I will try to get pix of it showing the other colors in the next few days and post them. It looks like another guitar alltogether

Rudy
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman View Post

OOooo....that's SWEET! Looks identical to COW's custom that DCGL has, only in 6 six version and 2 hums. VERY Cool!
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

• That looks awesome Toru!
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

• I like that!
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• That kicks ass !!! Oiled neck sweet !! Awesome Guitar !!

Comment

Working...
                                X