Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
    My new XTRR

That's just straight up 80s badass right there. When I bought my first Jackson waaay back in the mid 80s there were only a few shops within a few hundred miles that had them in stock: one had the black RR I wound up with, another had a "neon green" RR and a "neon pink" RR. Been kicking myself for going with black for years now. And thanks to this pic I'm doing so once again. Very very nice!
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

• Thats a pretty damn hott RR... is the xtreme signify 24frets and non beveled body? sorry for the noob question
      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

• IIRX XTRR = 7/8 size body, 24 frets & a reverse headstock. It was a production model for a while.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

• Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
          IIRX XTRR = 7/8 size body, 24 frets & a reverse headstock. It was a production model for a while.
          The production model only had 22 frets. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=52&pos=4

Originally based on Dan Spitz's "Dinky" Rhoads models, but he had a standard headstock on his.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.distortion View Post
            thanks to SLSMG ?

By the way, nobody held SLSMG's headstock. It feels very comfortable between KVs
            Yeah still having trouble wrapping my head around it.

Comment

• Yeah I ordered this one shortscale with 24 frets and a speed neck. So it's got some interesting features that I personally wanted . I'm really not getting along with the blackouts though. I think it will get some BKP's in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                Yeah I ordered this one shortscale with 24 frets and a speed neck. So it's got some interesting features that I personally wanted . I'm really not getting along with the blackouts though. I think it will get some BKP's in the future.

WOW!
                24 frets on a short scale speed neck???
                I LOVE IT!

Sounds like something I would like to get myself!

I actually had my Tiger XTRR out today!

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
                  Being one of the original JCF owners, I'm really glad to see that you play yours out and don't let it sit in a case. What number is yours?
                  That one is #24 I got from SeventhSon on here... I retired RR0755, RR0832, 0911 & 1146 within 5 minutes of opening the case for the 1st time lol
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

• I don't think the XTRR signifies a reverse headstock. My polka dot XTRR has a standard pointy headstock.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      I don't think the XTRR signifies a reverse headstock. My polka dot XTRR has a standard pointy headstock.
                      agreed!

I think the XTRR has everything to do with the smaller Rhoads body.
                      It just so happens that the production XTRR's had the reverse headstock.

Comment

• Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                        RR0755, RR0832
                        Waiting for pics.

Comment

• jackson kv2 korina

Comment

• Scored this a few weeks ago on the Bay:

GO OAKLAND RAIDERS!!!! REAL MEN WEAR BLACK.
                            GAS list >KV2T first batch in black ghost flame, and CS KV / RR in string thru & rearloaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                              you mean what number is the sandoval? it is #2. here's the skinny. I flew out and met karl after talking to mrs rhoads on the phone for a long time. she gave me permission to have it built. I had karl make it exactly like randy's, with an original 60's danelectro neck and everything. he said it is the only polka dot V he ever made exactly like randy's. so the serial number is 12-6-56. and he said randy's is #1, and mine is #2. I was super geeked! I play all of them out live. I hate when people collect rare guitars just to sit them in a case. gay!
                              Very cool! I did not know that piece of history. I do know that Karl made about 7 more plkadot v's in the late 80's and 90's... some were set neck and a few were neck thru... i forgot the actual details.

Did you see my Sandoval collection?

D

Comment

• The only V I have.
                                A 1984 Gibson Flying V with a Kahler bridge and Dirty Finger pickups.
                                She is battle tested and still plays and sounds fantastic

I am working on an old Jackson Pro Rhoads to go along with my new to me Trans Blue Dinky Pro...

Comment

Working...
                                X