Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction - '89 RR1 Custom

Hey everybody,

My name's Roger & I'm from the metro-Detroit area. Since I've got a Jackson, I figured I'd come over here and check this place out.

Been playing guitar for 14 years. I've got 7 guitars, 5 7-strings and 2 6ers. My #1 axe however is an '89 Jackson USA RR1 Custom. I didn't buy it new, but I contacted Jackson and got the build sheet for it. I'll post a pic here, and there's plenty of more pics on my personal website's gear section (http://home.comcast.net/~regor). It's got a Jackson made by Schaller trem, ebony board, snow white pearl w/ black pearl bevel & matching headstock, Jackson passive pickups, 2 vol 1 tone, gibson style toggle switch, and NO PICKGUARD! Aftermarket additions include an EVH d-Tuna and a Tremol-no. 9-46 Dean Markley strings, tuned to Eb.

I'm into heavy metal music. Mostly thrash and power metal. I have a band, Justdefy. You can check out a couple of live recordings of our stuff on our MySpace page (for the record, I hate MySpace, but our fans made us get one). And our regular website is www.justdefymetal.com

Thanks,
    ~Roger

Last edited by Regor; 09-25-2006, 07:51 PM.

Welcome, and that's a very cool rear loaded Rhoads - awesome stuff!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Welcome, and that's a very cool rear loaded Rhoads - awesome stuff!
      +1 Sweet RR.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's the only white RR that I've liked so far.

Comment

Cool axe!
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Welcome aboard. A very sweet RR1 you have there. I like the rear loaded controls.
            Hope you enjoy your stay here!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Welcome. Very nice Rhoads. Love the white w/black bevels look, esp. with the rear loaded elec's. There's one on Ebay just like it right now. Getting a lot of play.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                There's one on Ebay just like it right now.
                Uh huh. I saw it too. Looks sweet.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

COOL AXE! Wellcome to forum!

Comment

Welcome! Very cool guitar.

Comment

Welcome to the board Regor, that's a great axe, I've always loved white guitars. There's one small thing I'd like to tell back then those RR's weren't called RR1's, they were only called RR custom. RR1 is a production guitar but yours is a custom order, so it's just called RR custom...

Your truss rod cover tells about your music style in fact. Let me guess you like Running Wild?

Anyway a d-tuna and a tremol-no is a great addition to a guitar for a metalhead these days I think, especially for the ones that are into seven string stuff...

Welcome again and enkoy your stay!
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                        Welcome to the board Regor, that's a great axe, I've always loved white guitars. There's one small thing I'd like to tell back then those RR's weren't called RR1's, they were only called RR custom. RR1 is a production guitar but yours is a custom order, so it's just called RR custom...
                        Interesting. I knew that it was made before they started labeling them as "Custom Shop" on the headstock. But I didn't know about the RR1 deal. Won't make that mistake again

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                          Welcome to the board Regor, that's a great axe, I've always loved white guitars. There's one small thing I'd like to tell back then those RR's weren't called RR1's, they were only called RR custom. RR1 is a production guitar but yours is a custom order,
                          Plus, Jackson did not start using the letter-letter-number designation until '95-'96. So before that, it was Rhoads Custom or USA Rhoads.

Welcome, Regor, and great intro post! Wish all newbies do as well!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Welcome. Very nice Rhoads. Love the white w/black bevels look, esp. with the rear loaded elec's. There's one on Ebay just like it right now. Getting a lot of play.
                            Wow. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were selling my guitar!

But there is a couple of differences. Mine has 2 vol 1 tone, his is 1 + 1. And mine has a recessed trem cavity, doesn't look like his does. Otherwise pretty spot on. If that is going for $1750 right now, I wonder what mine would go for? But his description says it's got active electronics. I'm willing to bet it doesn't, as it looks like the same pickups I have. There's nothing active about mine.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I refretted the guitar with SS frets about 2 months ago. BUTTER!!

Comment

those pickups are passive but were often paired with one of Jackson's onboard preamps, so the ebay guitar may have active electronics
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X