First USA pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Nice guitar! Axe for rusting strings etc....do you guys put silica gel in your cases?
    Not me, I always thought that stuff was supposed to be got rid of immediately due to being toxic. Anyway, I can't be bothered putting a guitar in its case, I'm one of these guys who picks up the guitar and plays for 2 minutes, then picks it up again 10 minutes later. It's like ADD.

Comment

Originally posted by overdriven View Post
      Not me, I always thought that stuff was supposed to be got rid of immediately due to being toxic.
      It's toxic because it absorbs moisture.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
        It's toxic because it absorbs moisture.
        Exactly. My gel packs don't ever leave the case.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beautiful guitar and welcome to the forum!

For you silica gel guys, they must be recharged after awhile because after they absorb their moisture limit, they're useless. They need to be dried out again (recharged). Google "recharging silica gel" and you'll find out how to do it. I don't want to be responsible for someone ruining their oven -
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have the opposite problem, no humidity at all here. At an average of 12%, I have to use a humidifier.

Comment

From one first time Jackson USA owner to another, "Nice Axe"!
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                Beautiful guitar and welcome to the forum!

For you silica gel guys, they must be recharged after awhile because after they absorb their moisture limit, they're useless. They need to be dried out again (recharged). Google "recharging silica gel" and you'll find out how to do it. I don't want to be responsible for someone ruining their oven -
                I just found a few of them from old shoe boxes. How do I know if they need to be dried out or not?

Comment

Well they probably should be dried since they were in old shoe boxes. I'm not a professional silica gel user but I'm sure they don't last long as they're only used for temporary situations. I personally would use a humidifier/dehumidifier for the care of instruments. Relying on silica gel may not be the best thing.

The only reason I know about silica gel is bacause my wife used to dry flowers in it and it would have to be recharged after it absorbed the moisture from the flowers.
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Glad I live in NM, I've never had any issues with guitars/humidity!! Though we gotta change our oil more often due to dust!!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      Google "recharging silica gel" and you'll find out how to do it. I don't want to be responsible for someone ruining their oven -
                      Can't I just go to Toys 'R Us and buy an Easy-Bake oven?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X