No announcement yet.

Help- Suggest me a new pickup for my SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not my place to argue....BUT I DISAGREE! haha...i have an epiphone sg with a passive neck pickup (stock) and and emg 81 in the bridge...i dont have a booster but the volume is the same in both pickups...i may just be sticking my foot in my mouth but...ya...haha...account it to the fact that im a
    Are yo running separate volume and tones???? that why you don't need a booster! HAH! Looks stupid with one covered and one not too.

Comment

I think what I'm a gonna try to do is trade my super distortion for an X2N. I really want to try one out before I sink $250 into EMGS for the pups, installation, etc. I love the PAF Pro in the neck and I figure hey, its worth a shot.. After all, Chuck used one.
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Are yo running separate volume and tones???? that why you don't need a booster! HAH! Looks stupid with one covered and one not too.

you got me...they're on seperate volume and tones...

and btw...they're both covered

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          You can, but you'll need to run them on separate controls since the EMGs use 25k pots and the passives will need 500k, 250k or 1meg. And a booster will be needed to keep the output levels even between the two.
          OR you can live with either the controls not working until their last 1/4 revolution on the EMGs and use standard passive pots. The output difference is IMO highly overrated.

I´ve done this dozens of times over the years. It´s not necessarily the "professional" solution that the PA-2 or another buffer would be, but it works fine and causes no issues, even with both PUs on.... Actually, it can be beneficial, as on a 1 vol guitar you can roll the volume back for a clean passage and when you switch to the EMG the "Flamethrower effect" happens
          Last edited by Zerberus; 10-08-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X