History of the USA SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the USA SLS

I've been looking around online for a black 1997 SLS to go with mine and I can not find many of them. I think 1997 was the first year the SLS's were made. They changed slightly in 98 though I am not sure if they changed the body thickness or not. The only noticeable differences I see are the pickups changed and some cosmetic things changed.

From what I can tell from the catalogs, they stopped making the USA SLS's after that until around 2003. The rest, as they say, is history.

Have any of you owned or played a 97 or 98? If so, what did you think? They seem to be somewhat rare around here and the net. I am not sure if that's because Jackson did not make many of them, if no one likes them, or some other reason.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

I got one shortly after getting my JacksonStars NASL, and the neck of the SLS felt really wide by comparison. IIRC the neck profile is like the necks on those Granite-finished Dinky Pros - a little fatter around the edges than I care for.

Plus it was a TOM, and I have yet to play a Jackson with a TOM that wasn't a Rhoads that I liked. Something doesn't "feel" right with them otherwise.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X