A friend at work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend at work....

A buddy at work told me he bought his 14 year old daughter an expensive guitar for her birthday last year.He said it was a V and it cost him 1500.He knows nothing about guitars.I have no idea why he would spend that much.I asked him what it was and he had no idea.He came in the other night and said it was a Jackson.If his description is right,it sounds like a white RR1.He asked if I wanted it.Of course I said yes.He is supposed to bring it to work this week.I just bought another DK1,so I can't get it now.I hope he is very patient.I will give you guys details after I see it.He's a good guy,but he may be BSing.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

gee ron, that's very clever. you are so original and unique. that's never been posted before. very well done. how many of your nearly 20k posts are just that stupid image?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

About the same number of your posts where you bitch about it

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          About the same number of your posts where you bitch about it
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by Boomdoggy View Post
            • He said it was a V and it cost him 1500.
            • He knows nothing about guitars. I have no idea why he would spend that much.I asked him what it was and he had no idea. :ROTF: He came in the other night and said it was a Jackson.
            • If his description is right,it sounds like a white RR1.

I'll take a wild guess and say it's an RR5 he ordered from Musician's Friend and paid full MSRP and got totally anal-invaded. :ROTF:

• He asked if I wanted it.Of course I said yes.He is supposed to bring it to work this week.
            • I just bought another DK1,so I can't get it now.I hope he is very patient.I will give you guys details after I see it.He's a good guy,but he may be BSing.
            [/quote]

I'm catching a faint aroma of canned ham here, anyone else?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Fantastic replies.I thought you guys seemed well above that stuff.Oh well.I guess it's impossible on forums to feel happy for a guy that might be able to get a cool guitar.Spare me the spam crap.Get to know me before you fling your garbage my way!!!!

He said that he got it used at a store towards Pittsburgh.I have never been to the store.If he paid that much for a used RR5 ,I will slap him myself.

Anybody here think it's cool to find a guitar like this,or am I wasting my time on this forum?

Comment

I think it could be very cool once you see exactly what he has & find out what he wants for it. If it's a minty RR1 & you can score it for well under what he paid, then you'll get plenty of congrats from the guys here. Good luck!

Comment

I agree with dg. How much does he want for it btw?

Comment

Damn Timmah-somebody poo-poo in your frosted flakes? I say get the info on it and we can take a look at it. I hope it an early Rhoads and you do get it!!

Comment

Yep,I gotta wait to see what it is first,and I am won't buy it for anywhere close to 1500.I will get another friend to snap a pic on his phone.I told him he was nuts to let it sit all night in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomdoggy View Post
                        Fantastic replies.I thought you guys seemed well above that stuff.Oh well.I guess it's impossible on forums to feel happy for a guy that might be able to get a cool guitar.Spare me the spam crap.Get to know me before you fling your garbage my way!!!!

He said that he got it used at a store towards Pittsburgh.I have never been to the store.If he paid that much for a used RR5 ,I will slap him myself.

Anybody here think it's cool to find a guitar like this,or am I wasting my time on this forum?
                        Calm down, son. You come here with some vague info of a guitar that you have not seen, told to you by a guy who knows nothing about guitars, and then throw out the hint that "I may have to pass on it", which is the official JCF phrase for "PM me if you want to buy it and I'll broker the deal", and dare to get huffy when someone makes a less than fellatious comment about your "find"?

Your best bet would have been to verify the guitar first and then come here with either "look what I found" or "look what I had to pass up".
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1 Newc

BTW Boomdoggy the pic I posted is encouraging you - believe it or NUT!

Comment

Sorry,I was excited to post.My fault.I have owned over 100 guitars and have lost money on damn near every one I have sold.I would be horrible at spamming.
                            I didn't dare anything.You can't come out and ask?You make a smartass reference about spam,like you had some kind of inside joke.Ask me straight out anything you need to know.I may be new to this site,and I'm sure everybody here knows more Jackson facts then I will ever know,but I have been around guitars most of my life.I still get excited like I was 13 years old.I am straight foward -Treat me with respect and that is what you will get back.
                            PS-I ain't your son.

Racer-I thought your post was cool,the spam thing set me off.

Comment

At this point I'd say intro yourself, but you already did

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59843

Comment

Working...
                              X