Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

welcome to the boards boom...
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Why are some so defensive when the first come here?Pissing matches are no fun to watch.I'm not saying you were trying to fish for bites on the guitar but it sure looked like it.The members here are tough as nails when it comes to newbies trying stuff like that so be warned.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Straycat,I want the whole argument to stop.I never tried to start any trouble.I thought everybody here would think the V was a cool story.Newbie or not ,I don't shy away from an argument.I'm a regular guy who loves hunting for new guitars(probably too much).If you guys can't appreciate finding a Jackson V that is owned by a 14 year old who will?

Racer X,Paul Gilbert grew up about 15 minutes away from me.I never got to meet him.I don't know if he ever comes back this way.I know his dad used to hotrod amps years ago,but I don't know if he still does.I think Paul moved away before I hung out at the Greensburg stores.Nobody around here talks about him much.Weird.

Comment

No problem.If you can land the V by all means do it.Good luck sounds like it may be a great deal for you.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Don't mean to highjack the thread...but...my neighbor told me just minutes ago she was up in the attic cleaning it out. She is an elderly woman, whose husband died a few years ago and she has finally gotten the time to go through his things. Now, she doesn't know much about guitars, but she's pretty sure it's a 1959 Les Paul Flamed Top. Now, she's not sure if that's what it is, but I might have a shot at it. She's thinking he paid $1500 for it, but the old man never played it, it's mint in the case! Unfortunately I'm strapped for cash, and I just bought a DK-1, so I will give you guys the details of it. I hope she is patient, she's a good neighbor, but may be BSing..

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate has a guitar like that, too!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wasn't that your old sig line, Joe?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    Don't mean to highjack the thread...but...my neighbor told me just minutes ago she was up in the attic cleaning it out. She is an elderly woman, whose husband died a few years ago and she has finally gotten the time to go through his things. Now, she doesn't know much about guitars, but she's pretty sure it's a 1959 Les Paul Flamed Top. Now, she's not sure if that's what it is, but I might have a shot at it. She's thinking he paid $1500 for it, but the old man never played it, it's mint in the case! Unfortunately I'm strapped for cash, and I just bought a DK-1, so I will give you guys the details of it. I hope she is patient, she's a good neighbor, but may be BSing..

Why waste that incredible comic genius on a forum?:ROTF:
                    That was the weakest post I have ever witnessed.

Bye the way,for any normal posters.The reason I don't have the money is because I just sent money to the Guitar Hangar for the Dinky on my other thread.

But I am sure the rest will think I am making that up as well.Oh well, practice your humor,while I play the guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Wasn't that your old sig line, Joe?
                      Yes. From Spaceballs.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

So what does that make us?

Absolutely nothing... which is what you are about to become. Prepare to die!

Comment

"I see your schwartz is as BIG as mine!"

Comment

Give me paw!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomdoggy View Post
                            Straycat,I want the whole argument to stop.I never tried to start any trouble.I thought everybody here would think the V was a cool story.Newbie or not ,I don't shy away from an argument.I'm a regular guy who loves hunting for new guitars(probably too much).If you guys can't appreciate finding a Jackson V that is owned by a 14 year old who will?

Racer X,Paul Gilbert grew up about 15 minutes away from me.I never got to meet him.I don't know if he ever comes back this way.I know his dad used to hotrod amps years ago,but I don't know if he still does.I think Paul moved away before I hung out at the Greensburg stores.Nobody around here talks about him much.Weird.
                            Glad to hear you don't back down from an argument. I really don't care whether you do or not, but good for you anyway.
                            When you are 100% certain what the guitar is - RR1, RR2, XTRR, San Dimas RR Custom, PCS Rhoads, LTD Rhoads, 1990 Rhoads Pro, whatever - THEN we'll be able to decide if it's a "cool story". If it's an RR5 or RR3 or other import the guy got screwed for, then we'll laugh at him. Until then, it COULD be a cool story, but as of right now, it's not because none of us know what it really is, only what it "might" be.

And Charvel750's "joke" is pretty much the same post we've seen here for years. You may notice my "I Have No Life" Status? I earned that same way Ron earned his - by living at the JCF for years. I've seen a ton of things around here, and your opening post was close enough to previous spam posts to call it spam.

Rather than get bent out of shape about it, take the advice that's been given here, sit down, and stop trying to be Billy Badass on an internet message board.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

A friend at work....

> The old woman I work with had been telling me about this old Fender her husband has,and the couple of cheaper Fenders he has bought or she bought him for Christmas or whatever. He sells model/remote control airplane kits and stuff like that,so I normally buy all my CA glues from him. I went out there to get a couple things,and he was out in the shop playing. He was playing an American Standard Strat,but said he wanted to show me these 2 others. One of them was a '57 2-tone Sunburst,the other was a played but otherwise flawless '62 Mary Kay,the gold hardware isn't even pitted. So much for thinking all he had laying around was a couple Mexi's. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                stop trying to be Billy Badass
                                That reminds me of xenophobe's pic on the old thread!!

I called him the same thing (jokingly)

Comment

Working...
                                X