No announcement yet.

Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright folks, I have been checking around with a few dealers and I am looking into trading this guitar for a new guitar with a bigger neck.

Can anyone give me an idea of the value of this guitar? I am going this weekend to a few local shops and see what I can get, but I do not want get taken either so any advice/ideas of value would be very helpful.

Comment

That's beautiful and a definite keeper. I'd take some time and get use to it before trading/selling it off.

Comment

Wow, all within one day you went from getting insurance on it to shopping around for a trade? Your first post said it plays great, and then later it plays for shit? This isn't the classifieds dude, read the rules.
        Last edited by mm2002; 10-04-2006, 08:05 AM.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

MM-

I know what it sounds like...and I am not trying to sell it on the board, DUDE. If I were trying to sell it I would have come out and said it...rules be damned. I am not new to forums...

You are right I did post it played great...when I had the chance to re-string it and set it up I found that the playablity was not to my liking; I am use to playing a guitar with a 1.75" nut width and more girth...oh, and I insure all of my guitars on a rider to my homeowner's policy...it is not an uncommon practice. If I sell a guitar after I have added it to the insurance then I just have my agent remove it...it is not a major undertaking but I just prefer to be covered in the event of a fire or break-in.

I have read the rules...do not read between the lines, you may find something you do not like. Are we in agreement?
          Last edited by Too-many-toyz; 10-04-2006, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jblicharz View Post
            That's beautiful and a definite keeper. I'd take some time and get use to it before trading/selling it off.

Under most circumstances I would but the neck is just too small, I can adjust to a bigger neck but going smaller is not easy for me. I have been playing for about 20 years now and as the old expression goes; you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

I am not going to shy away from the Jackson/Charvel name...I may not do anything with it...it just all depends on what shows up out there. I have more than enough guitars and have a job that affords me to buy pretty much any guitar I want when I want it...needless to say I go through guitars faster than most people do. I spent over $15,000 on guitars a few months ago and to be honest I do not have a single one of them because I could not get comfortable with them...if I stick around here long enough you will see posts on the guitars I buy and how frequently I buy them.

Comment

If you like the big necks, try a PC1 , to me the feel is almost Les Paulesque. I don't know the dimensions for either guitar (i'm not a numbers guy when it comes to guitars, it's all about the feel - which is odd, because I am an engineer and it USUALLY is all about the numbers). Just my $0.02, keep the change .

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Too-many-toyz View Post
                  Under most circumstances I would but the neck is just too small, I can adjust to a bigger neck but going smaller is not easy for me. I have been playing for about 20 years now and as the old expression goes; you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

I am not going to shy away from the Jackson/Charvel name...I may not do anything with it...it just all depends on what shows up out there. I have more than enough guitars and have a job that affords me to buy pretty much any guitar I want when I want it...needless to say I go through guitars faster than most people do. I spent over $15,000 on guitars a few months ago and to be honest I do not have a single one of them because I could not get comfortable with them...if I stick around here long enough you will see posts on the guitars I buy and how frequently I buy them.
                  I'm not trying to come off confrontational so, please don't take it that way. I like switching up for variety here and there. I go from my KV2 that has a large neck to an Ibanez Prestige which feels paper thin and then over to a thinner nut BC Rich. I've been playing just as long if not longer and I find the change helps to loosen up and sometimes new ideas come out of the slightly different playing adjustments. Also, I think many people on this board in particular spend and flip guitars just as much so don't think you're a rarity. In my opinion you appear as if you don't know what you want.

Comment

I understand what you are saying...to a degree you are right I do not know exactly what I want in a Jackson...I do know that my current arsenal of custom guitars are my "players/keepers" when it comes to change it is very difficult for me. I guess I am a creature of habit?

IMO finding the perfect guitar neck is much like the eternal quest for the perfect tone...you will never get exactly what you want.

Comment

IMO finding the perfect guitar neck is much like the eternal quest for the perfect tone...you will never get exactly what you want.
                      Agreed, but in my opinion, the perfect guitar neck is illusive(word reminds me of something Mick Mars said). Somedays it's this one others it's that one but most of the time it's the "one" guitar you don't have yet and then you say to yourself "just this last purchase and I'm done for this year." Days later it's back on auction.

Comment

I am going to give the Jackson a few more days and see what happens...I just worked a deal on a new guitar that I am picking up on Friday. I have always been a fan of the KV...maybe I can find one of those?

Comment

The neck on my KV2 is considerably larger than my Soloist. You may like it. Let us know that you get.

Comment

Originally posted by jblicharz View Post
                            The neck on my KV2 is considerably larger than my Soloist. You may like it. Let us know that you get.
                            What do you mean by larger? A KV2 has a speed neck and has a thinner back shape than a Soloist, unless you've got an older Soloist maybe.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You guys are making it very hard on me!!! I will hit some shops this weekend and see what I can find, if I cannot find anything that I am comfortable with I will just keep it and look into a replacement neck for the guitar? Maybe this way I can get exactly what I want?

Comment

I have read the rules...do not read between the lines, you may find something you do not like. Are we in agreement?
                                Agreement about what?
                                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X