Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi all-

I am new to the forum and Jackson guitars, just bought my first Jackson. It is a mid-80's Strat style with a bolt on maple neck and graphics, single humbucker and a top mount Floyd

The guitar plays great and is a sight to behold!

I would like to know is who is the resident know-it-all on 80's pointy graphic guitars? I will try and post some pics soon, but my camera crapped out on me...

Thanks,
    TMT

Welcome... now post some pics so we can all comment on it.
    -Rick

Comment

I love 1 hum guitars

BUT;

Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I know, I know...I need to get over to a friends house and snap a shot of it. I will try and do that this evening...the photos I have right now suck.

Comment

there are too many resident know-it-alls here to even try to count.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

P I C S!!!

Welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Too-many-toyz View Post
              It is a mid-80's Strat style with a bolt on maple neck and graphics, single humbucker and a top mount Floyd

I would be vewy vewy careful taking that guitar outside. If your description holds true, it's vewy vewy precious. Welcome dude!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure...

I know you are gonna ask yourself where did he get that...I am going to say this...guitars like this do not pop up in the Mid-West to often, I was asking myself where in the hell did this come from!
                Last edited by Too-many-toyz; 10-09-2006, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Too Many Toyz....Yeah,right....Like that is humanly possible...Hello and welcome to the board,transplanted midwesterner here.

NICE find,maybe I moved a little too soon...
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

What can I say? I like to spoil myself from time to time and I agree you can never have enough toys...my fiance would disagree...but what does she know...it is a guy thing!

Comment

Wow.... that is a nice one... Lucky you =)

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice guitar!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks all it is a looker, but it plays for sh!t or I should say from what I am comfortable playing. The neck IMO is to small...I need a wider neck and a tiny bit deeper. I was playing some Hendrix on it tonight and for the life of me I could not do it, I pulled out my new custom ordered Strat style guitar and nailed it (the neck is bigger on it).

I do have question...what would this guitar be worth? It is a 1985 or 1986 model in near mint condition. NO dings , dents or scratches on it with the original case. I know what I paid for it is probably way less than what it is worth, but that only tells me so much!

Please I am really curious about this and you guys are my only real hope! I am not in the market to sell it, I would just like to get an idea if I were to have to sell plus I need to get a value put on it for my insurance.
                          Last edited by Too-many-toyz; 10-03-2006, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Please post pics of the neck, neck cavity, rear cavity, backplate and headstock.

Comment

Hey
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X