RR-1 is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-1 is it worth it?

My buddy is willing to let this go as is. The OFR needs a new saddle. It's a 98 and veryyyy used. He offered to sell it to me in the price range of 750-800. What do you guys think? Sorry for the shitty pics.. not enough lighting at the studio.

I have seen them go for about that on Ebay with chips in the bevels and fins if that helps.
    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

hmm.... I thought it would be a lot lower..

Comment

In my guitar dealing in years passed, you should try and low ball him to say around $500.00 he will more than likely decline; then you hit him with meeting you somewhere in the middle. Keep in mind you need to really point out as many flaws as you can find before you start talking price...this technique has worked for me over the years...just don't get to cocky or you could blow the deal....

Another great way to go about this is find out if the seller is strapped for cash...this one always comes in useful! Then refer back to the above mentioned tactics...

MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE THE DOLLAR AMOUNT YOU WERE PLANNING ON SPENDING IN YOUR POCKET...otherwise it is a total waste of time for the both of you....Good Luck!
        Last edited by Too-many-toyz; 10-03-2006, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Judging from the pics, which is the only thing I can, $800 would be absolutely max in my book. I'm guessing this one might have been neglected too, as far as service, oil and cleaning (fingerboard)...? An extra hole drilled in the control plate... hmm... $700, but then again, it's a graphic... decisions decisions..
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'd say, save her from the hands of that guy!

750$ sounds like a good deal to me for a USA JAckson, you can still make him go down a bit more I guess!
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Damn, I thought MY Rhoads was rough!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd give him $750 for it, providing that the damage you showed us is the worst of it.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

^ Me too.

Comment

I'd maybe pay 750 for it, its still a USA graphic Jackson. If you can get him to round 650 that would be about right in my book.
                    If that is the extent of the damage then I think you should be able to clean it up a good bit and make it look and probably feel a good deal better.

Comment

Originally posted by Death View Post
                      hmm.... I thought it would be a lot lower..
                      A USA Jackson, even after being dragged through barbed wire and hit by a wood chopper (like the one you showed us) will still make good money

The only thing on earth that truly can affect the value of a USA Jackson is UPS... or FedEx.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks guys for the input! Now I just need to save some money......

Comment

Originally posted by Death View Post
                          Thanks guys for the input! Now I just need to save some money......

That blows it right there. Deals like this are spontaneous and meant for a quick sale & least amount of effort on the sellers part. Depending on your friendship, try to work out a deal with him. Maybe some cash in hand now so he doesn't advertise or worse, sell it elsewhere. Just becareful, friendship and money don't mix well.

I'd be concerned about the neck and frets. If they're in good shape, it'll be worth cleaning it up. It may turn out better than expected.

Comment

my buddy shares my lockout with me. He wasn'tgoing to sell it until I offered to buy it off him. He wants to sell it to buy an Engl Powerball. He gave me first dibs.

I tried the cash in hand. But he wants the full amount so he won't spend it. Which I understand.

Comment

Working...
                            X