King V sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V sizes?

I've noticed the King V has two different sizes and was wondering what years they made the extra large one that people like Robin Crosby and others used. I would also like to know how rare these are and how much they usually go for.

You are in the habit of asking questions and then disappearing?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

re

Well what did you want me to say? "Yep thats kinda cool I guess." You answered my question and im grateful but I don't know why we'd have to continue the conversation about it.

Comment

How about Thanks

Comment

You jump in..ask questions..disappear, and never bother to come back until you have another..guess what.....QUESTION. Hey, come in hang out, CONTIBUTE to the board. You can actually get a lot more out of it that way. And yes, when Ron (or anyone else) goes out of their way to look up and GIVE you the info, the correct answer is THANK YOU. Just a thought.

Comment

Thank you, Jeri. You are right:

I went through all of Toast's posts, and apparently he has a really annoying habit of asking all kinds of questions and never acknowledging the answers that dozens of different JCFers provide. In the last 6 months, he has been "about to order" or "thinking of getting" the following:
            - a damaged Rhoads
            - an RR5
            - a Custom Rhoads
            - a "lower end Rhoads"
            - an RR3
            - a Custom King V
            - an LTD DV8
            - a KE3
            - a Charvel Model 2
            - a PC2
            - a Crimson Swirl KE3
            - even a MusicYo Kramer!

In addition, he has asked for numerous pics of gear and mockups (which we provided), asked many questions about the above and other gear, took time out to diss a JCFer's GMPs, discussed his plan to rip off a friend of his in a trade for a Gibson, and even stated he'd "rather buy an ESP over a Jackson anyday"

and Sinistas called him on it. Also, no intro post found.

Actually I did find a whopping 2 occasions where he said thanks. Out of 66 posts.

Dude, you are a taker. You barely contribute anything. Now, I don't have a problem with questions...in fact you'll note I weighed in with pics and links on a lot of your threads, as did many other helpful JCFers. You have to admit that we are a helpful, knowledgeable crew here...we love Charvels and Jacksons and it shows.

BUt I didn't think to check you out until your crappy attitude in this thread. And either you are seriously fickle about taste in guitars, or you are yanking our chains. Either you are really excited about getting a good (Jackson?), or you're a rude 15 year old punk. Which is it? Either "shit or get off the pot"

Last edited by RacerX; 10-04-2006, 04:37 AM.

Comment

You need a life Ron :ROTF:

Comment

Great job Ron!

But I wouldn't expect much from someone who posts messages with the title "re"

You know "thanks" is a long unnecessary word
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I like the logic of him picking ESP over Jackson because they have "more than 3 body styles". Because having a limited amount of body styles obviously means a guitar company sucks. Like that Gibson company that is known mostly for Les Pauls, SGs, Flying Vs, and Explorers, and that Fender company that is famous for Strats and Teles. Those companies better come up with some new designs soon or they'll be out of business in no time.
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Yes I don't say thank you 90% of the time mainly because I forget I post things on this forum and never really look for it again. Also 4 or 5 of those things you stated that I asked about were rhoads models....I now dislike them after trying one out. 2 of them are also Kellys also dislike them after trying them. The DV8 I am still considering the same with the Custom King V with larger wings. The charvel model 2 I actually do have. The Kramer I found out is a piece of shit from somewhere else. The thing with Sinistas I never saw until u posted that thread again that contained it. Also Gibson, Fender, and other companys have variations of those models. For instance Jackson has the KE-3, RR-3, and whatever else is in the catagory. All of them made of the same wood with the same exact pick-ups and finishes. Yes, I do notice they have other categorys with the same bodys and different woods and what not. But none of these guitars really compare to their USA models which even there they use the same pickups and what not.
                    Gibson for instance uses mahagony on like all of their guitars yes. But they have standards, juniors, customs, studios, and other various series models. Most of them don't come with shit pickups or the same pickups as the models in that category. Same goes with Fender. Esp of coarse mainly come loaded with EMGs so nothing real special there of coarse. The people on other forums don't get all pissy when someone doesn't say their "pleases and thank yous." I'm sorry if I have other things to do besides get online and check the last thread I posted every 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Toast View Post
                      Yes I don't say thank you 90% of the time mainly because I forget I post things on this forum and never really look for it again. Also 4 or 5 of those things you stated that I asked about were rhoads models....I now dislike them after trying one out. 2 of them are also Kellys also dislike them after trying them. The DV8 I am still considering the same with the Custom King V with larger wings. The charvel model 2 I actually do have. The Kramer I found out is a piece of shit from somewhere else. The thing with Sinistas I never saw until u posted that thread again that contained it. Also Gibson, Fender, and other companys have variations of those models. For instance Jackson has the KE-3, RR-3, and whatever else is in the catagory. All of them made of the same wood with the same exact pick-ups and finishes. Yes, I do notice they have other categorys with the same bodys and different woods and what not. But none of these guitars really compare to their USA models which even there they use the same pickups and what not.
                      Gibson for instance uses mahagony on like all of their guitars yes. But they have standards, juniors, customs, studios, and other various series models. Most of them don't come with shit pickups or the same pickups as the models in that category. Same goes with Fender. Esp of coarse mainly come loaded with EMGs so nothing real special there of coarse. The people on other forums don't get all pissy when someone doesn't say their "pleases and thank yous." I'm sorry if I have other things to do besides get online and check the last thread I posted every 5 minutes.
                      I wouldn't sweat him at all. From what I can tell, he comes after everyone at some point.

There is always someone like him on any given message board. I used to battle these types of guys and usually would get banned from the board.

Now, I just post when I have a question. I offer no information in exchange either because that is when you get set up for the attack. Out of sight, out of mind.

Funny thing is that people like this guy actually are causing much of the stuff they complain about. They don't know this because they are usually complaining about someone else’s actions instead of seeing how they affect others.

On a different message board I actually got threatened to be sued because I disagreed with an opinion of someone like this guy. That person then held over my head the fact they helped me and how could I stab them in the back.

Weird people to weird shit and thus have a weird view of the way the world should work.

P.S. Thanks and J/k smiley (I think that covers his pep eves).

Comment

Look guys, I don't wanna be a dick because until recently I've been a major lurker here but I do notice things. I've asked questions here and have gotten good answers from many people who know more about Jacksons than even Jackson does. I've given a few answers too. No one here is paid for their service to answer every question you may have. This is a free forum where all input is welcome and you can get very good answers. We do not all agree here and you will get alternate perspectives from one person to the next.....either way, they are helping you out and at least a "thanks" should be proper don't you think? I agree with Ron here. (who by the way is a wealth of knowledge......sometimes useless, {J/K Ron} but usually very good)Looking at all of your posts about the many EXPENSIVE models you ask about, and the fact that you're 15 puts up a red flag right there. Unless you're a spoilled rich kid and you can just blow someone elses hard earned money. Everyone is welcome here regardless of age, but respect has to be mutual at some point. Ask as many questions as you'd like, but if you really want some sort of answer you actually have to go back to the thread to see the answer....right? Well, while you're there all you have to do is post a simple 6 letter word and all is good. "THANKS"
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                          all you have to do is post a simple 6 letter word and all is good. "THANKS"
                          Bingo! Some people's mommies and daddies must not have taught them to say please and thank you... or maybe they have, and the kids just don't comprehend.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here is a side by side of 2-Kings and 'Big Red'

A~

All hail the 'King'
                            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

I don't really care what all you people think and I'm 16 now which is why I have a job because no one really wants to hire someone under 16 and I get paid quite well for doing it. I don't know where my parents come into the picture here because I asked some questions on a guitar forum. I am planning on getting an expensive guitar yes but no one besides myself is gonna pay for it so im not exactly sure why u people are bitchin about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X