Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ltd '88

Hi

I bought an ltd '88 second hand in '90, quality guitar, I've been through a few second guitars but nothing has touched the class of the Jackson. I was wondering if someone has the exact specs for this guitar e.g. woods, pickups, neck etc.

The trem arm snapped off where it thins going into the socket, does anyone know where I might get another?

Many thanks

Try Dave @ www.fretsonthenet.com for a replacement trem arm.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Neilli

Many thanks, looks like a JT6 trem. I will order a few bit and pieces to spruce up the old girl.

Thanks again

Comment

trem is JT-6. And you can't replace it with an OFR without serious modification.
        Body is poplar I believe, neck is maple with a rosewood board.
        Mine had the pickups replaced with active EMG's and the active electronics were ripped out.

Awesome axe.

Comment

Hi

Thanks Thoraby.

Mine still has all the original bits, however the JT-6 is in need of some care.

Dave at the above web site seems to be suggesting I could replace with an orginal floyd rose. Do you have experience of this and know it to be a tough job?

Do you know what the five settings on the pickup selector represent, coil taps, combinations etc?

Many thanks, Reubs

Comment

You can easily replace your JT-6 with an OFR. In some cases, you may need to slightly enlarge the route if the trem arm bushing of the OFR rubs. This is not extremely common, but it does happen sometimes (more often on Jacksons than on the Model Series Charvels. Tighter tolerances, I guess). The JT-6 posts will work fine with the OFR, but you lose a little bit of range. Dave recently started making replacement JT-6 post that solve the range issue.

Comment

I put a Floyd on my 88' when I had it back in the early 90's. I seem to recall that I had to grind some of the metal off the side of the Floyd base plate for it to fit correctly. The floyd was about flush with the body and trem route if I remeber correctly. You might want to get measurements first.

Comment

Ok, I have to apologize to Reuben here for the misinformation I gave him. I had completely forgotten that these had the strange route that they do and I just can't guarantee that a Floyd will drop right in. He sent me some pics to check out and I would honestly take some measurements to be sure.

My apologies to you sir and congratulations on a great guitar-

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hey

No problem Dave, thanks for all your help.

And thanks to all you guys for your posts.

Cheers, Reuben

Comment

I had a Ltd. '88 with a Schaller JT-590 trem, which I assume had to be aftermarket, and it fit just fine. Wish I still had that guitar because it was a hell of a player.

Comment

pro-fusion

I feel the same about the Ltd '88. Every now and then I'll feel like a change, but it never lasts I always come back to my Jackson, it just feels right.

I'm currently tinkering with the idea of having a Quicksilver made by Ed Roman in Vegas, love the tech on the web site.

Cheers Reuben

Comment

Working...
                      X