No announcement yet.

my first PURPLE jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i might sell it. this guitar will not go back to original form....so it might be up for grabs.

i had it checked by my tech, it's straight as an arrow, fretlife is quite good and it hasn't been leveled or anything yet.

J

Comment

It's really coming along well! Marty just received it yesterday and it's already stripped!!!

He told me to leave it the natural finish...I really want this one pearl white though.

Here are some pics!! I am excited!

Old finishes coming off

WHAT A TRANSFORMATION!

I am shocked to know it looked like that before paint! I always thought they we're a solid piece of wood. That looks neat...but it'll look nicer pearl.

Just thought I'd show you those. I've requested a few "during" the paint process photos. Marty's been top notch to deal with!

Comment

it's looking as though it'll remain what was it's original color. transparent red.

spoke to marty for a good 20-30 minutes today(very nice/informative/down to earth guy!) and decided that is the best route for appearance/value and overall the best decision.

received these a short time ago. this is in sealer.

again, not really a fan of flames/quilts, but it's neat that this is how it came in the 80's from jackson.

Comment

WOW thats gorgeous. Must weigh a ton being solid maple. Probably pretty bright too.
          Gil

Comment

WOE....ya dont see very many solid maple bodies with flame like that....most flame maple is just a 1/4" top....I know you are not a fan but thats a rare piece. Make sure you can see the flame with the new trans red. Great job uncovering that nice piece of wood That thing would look great with a birdseye maple strathead neck

Comment

i haven't decided if i am going to sell it as a whole, or just the body...but it will be available soon.

paint should take to the body within a day or so.

Comment

red, welcome!!!

it is going to be wet sanded and buffed, but man, i am stoked! came out MUCH better than i'd hoped.

Comment

Very nice score! Even though it's in mid-process, the trans red looks nice. Keep us posted.

Oh, and if you decide to let one of the necks go, let us know!

PT

Comment

That is awesome. Can't wait!
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Hmmm, why not trans-purple?

Comment

Guerilla

The entire guitar is going to go....so stay tuned, and I agree..it looks nice. Again, flames aren't for me.

Comment

amazing transformation.. and it was for the better
                          äss howl

Comment

marty just e mailed me...it's done and willbe headed back next week.

i've already had a few hits for the body....we'll see how it goes. it won't be an un-reasonable price....but it's nice to know i have a hard to find item. a factory full maple tigerstripe body doesn't exactly show on e bay daily.

Comment

she's back, and marty did a terrific job!! the finish is like a 1960 corvette. DEAD flat, mile deep gloss and flawless.

we noticed the backplate number was highlighted in the kahler route so that body and the neckplate DEFINITELY mate.

the flame is wicked, but still not my cup of tea. it is at my tech's getting re-assembled with the original rosewood board/maple neck. it'll receive the brand new kahler hybrid in chrome along with the chrome toplock....a fret level, grind polish+ set-up with 9-42's standard tuning. My tech is going to take some pics of it during the re-assembly process. he liked the work soo much he's going to give marty a bunch of business! marty deserves it because he did an awesome job, and treated me VERY well on the price and the phone

here are the pics: i waited 'til i got to my tech's to open the box!

Sorry about the blur on this one, again, more will be taken!

I am VERY pleased, actually beyond pleased with how it turned out. it'd look better PEARL white, but that's just me. heh, we'll see how it is when it's done.....my tech say's i am making a mistake, and to keep it, but i am 99.9% sure i want to sell it upon completion.

More pics to come

Jay
                              Last edited by JZ06; 11-29-2006, 08:52 PM.

Comment

That's a keeper I would say. Although how she plays is the most important ingredient. The color looks awesome...I was worried after seeing the initial photos that you posted where they just started to apply the red, it looks so rich now. You can get anything done pearl white. Show off that beautiful piece of wood. Just my 2 cents.
                                "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Working...
                                X