Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup for an all maple Soloist

Hi,

I am new here. I just ordered my first custom shop Jackson, a Kelly with Eldred flames and I am in the process of putting together an order for a natual finished Soloist made entirely of flame maple. Just wondering what some of the thoughts were on pickups for a maple body. Right now I am leaning towards a Duncan Custom Custom.

Chris

+1 for Duncan custom custom... I dropped one in my solid flame maple Jackson strat and it works really well in that guitar.

Comment

+2 on the custom custom.A custom would work.Try a Jackson J-50 they sound great in a maple body.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

DiMarzio Tone Zone.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

SDuncan Screamin Demon maybe.

Comment

tone zone is a good choice too. I have one in my USA charvel which I am fairly sure is solid maple too ('cause it's so damn heavy.) It's a more modern sound than the custom custom.. the custom custom will give you a bit more grit. Still, a lot of it comes down to personal taste, especially since no two guitars sound alike.

Comment

Another vote for a Custom Custom. I had one direct-mounted in my maple-bodied Kramer Focus 1000, and it sounded fantastic.

Comment

Man, maple is very bright sounding. IMHO, you would do better with a different type of body wood, like alder, ash or mahogany. You can always put a flamed maple cap on it.

Comment

I've got a Custom Custom in my all-maple Carvin DC125, and it kicks ass.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

i have a pearly gates in my custom shop charvel that is all maple. it sounds nice and thick.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

EMG85 bridge
                      EMG81 neck

Comment

ive got an X2N & super distortions in a few maple guitars. they sound good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Supersucker View Post
                          EMG85 bridge
                          EMG81 neck
                          Wow thats a new one emgs are good but you do go dropping them into every things especialy a custom all maple find a pick up that isn't bright ive heard good things from Dimarzio
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

my All maple GMW has a Duncan custom in it.
                            sounds great to me.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Custom Custom or Tone Zone. You definitely want someting with some real bottom to it cause an all maple guitar is going to be insanely bright.

Comment

Working...
                              X