Swee-Tone. Anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swee-Tone. Anyone have one?

What's the quality of these things? Does anyone like them. And what's the market these days for say one built between 2001-2003 in excellent condition?

I had a Jazz'R with 2 humbuckers and loved it. Shouldn't have sold it back to Brad

$1500+ I'd say is a decent price for one.

Can't say about the other models (Bent Top and such). I played one but didn't like the neck or the small size of the body.

The neck profile of Jazz'R I had was a hard V, but still comfy for me to play.

The tone was beautiful.

I'll get another one day. Maybe a Custom Shop bolt-on with Floyd, or Variax guts and a piezo TOM
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc. I love the sound of spruce on a Jackson I own so now I'm looking around for these. It makes me wonder why more guitars don't have some spruce in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I had a Jazz'R with 2 humbuckers and loved it. Shouldn't have sold it back to Brad

$1500+ I'd say is a decent price for one.

Can't say about the other models (Bent Top and such). I played one but didn't like the neck or the small size of the body.

The neck profile of Jazz'R I had was a hard V, but still comfy for me to play.

The tone was beautiful.

I'll get another one day. Maybe a Custom Shop bolt-on with Floyd, or Variax guts and a piezo TOM
        can I see yours ? i never senn one before...

Comment

Here's some catalog scans and specs. http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...JackSwee02.htm

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Had a killer bent top, workmanship was very good, it was light as a feather and the neck was super, things I didnt dig (why i sold it) was that it was somewhat neck heavy, bridge pup was pretty lame and overall the tone was
            a bit too polite so to speak, and the frets for my liking were too small.

Could live with everything except the neck heavy thing so off it went

Comment

thx a lot for the pics

Comment

Dinastas, check your PMs
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Thanks, Jacksonite, I emailed a response.

Comment

Always wanted to try 'em, as they were available in some very odd configurations (for Jacksons), but I never could find one. :^/

Comment

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I think SERIOUSLY about it, but I've always had this crazy idea of getting someone to build an electric with a true Classical neck - flat board, huge profile, the works. The Jazz'R body would be perfect for that.

Of course I'd still prefer nylon strings for it, so it'd have to be A/E. Maybe with a Roland GK-3 on it
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When Mike Learn came on here last year showing the guits he built, he said he wanted a very broad profile, flat board. They looked the part, but they kind of had that Carvin Holdsworth fatbody thing going, which appeals to a lot of people I guess.

I did a search and found the thread. I guess the profile needs to be even wider.

Comment

Not a bad looking guitar, except that I can't get over the headstock logo.
                          Not a fan of it.

Comment

I have two of these (possibly up for grabs), #24 & #25 a bent top & an arch top, both shown at NAMM 2002. I have also had about four others over the past three years. I love SLATQH's (I have six) and if Swee-Tones had tunomatics I would have kept all of them. But the vibrance of the spruce is amazing, it gives these guitars a light weight and a resonance that is unmatched! The build quality is the best there is, these are very Underrated guitars. The oiled necks do give a broken in feel that is great. 25" scale, fat neck feel, not as flat as a solosit, string height is low to the body because of the bridge. It is great to have one in your collection, at least for a while, because the necks are so different from other Jacksons and it is good to get a change of feel once in a while just to shake up your playing. When you pick up one of these you play differently because it has a vintage vibe to it.

Comment

Does anybody have these catalog scans still? Just got a Bent Top and I'm gathering info on the Swee-Tone series. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Okay, so I found this working link - http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....001&fullsize=1
                              How about the other pages?
                              Last edited by 5digits6strings; 12-21-2007, 11:59 PM.
                              Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Comment

Working...
                              X