J0094.. or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J0094.. or not?

Scored this Soloist Student.. but the serial J0094 doesn't match the log entries, so my 1st thought was modded/refinished..

When I got it in today, the finish -or better color- looks to be original, but it looks like the fretboard with serial J0094 is (re?)glued on later ?!?!?!
    Can it be someone did put another fretboard on it with the wrong serial # at one point???

In that case, maybe this is J0091 after all which I believed it to be originally..

I've compared contours, weight, cavity route etc.. with my other early soloist.. all match.. this will be fun figuring out.
    I suck at taking pics, but tell me what you want to see for a positive identification.. and I will get to it this weekend, as well as look for writings in the cavities!

sorry.. but you got drawers filled with guitars??

that is the single most cool thing, apart of the "metal wall" i've seen on here..
    normal people have socks in there.

good luck finding out though
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Yeah the first thing I saw was the drawer full of guitars!

Perhaps a close up of the neck showing the re-glue evidence would help others, but I have no knowledge on this subject.
      Scott

Comment

nice axe

i wondered what was in the drawer! you're a sick pup!

Comment

any markings in the trem route or under the bridge pickup.

Comment

What an awesome idea for storing guitars... soon to be much-copied.

No clue on the serial thing tho.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

im not to sure on what RACER X knows about USA jacksons but if he did he'd know in a heart beat
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I like how the headstock is hooked into the drawer. You're lucky that it's not a reversed headstock

Comment

Super cool! I would love to see more pics!

Comment

I too dig the "guitar drawers" what a cool Idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X