Pre-Fender VS. Post-Fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Fender VS. Post-Fender?

Are there any "main" differences in quality or whatever on this issue?

Oh, if my guitar was made on February 2005, is it Pre or Post?

the enharmonic resonance of the pre-fender guitars is much more tangible to the trained ear.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The changeover was in the Fall of 2002.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Pre-Fender" is just a e-bay traders hype
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

The guys who push their for-sale guitars as "pre-Fender" generally do so because Fender was always the bad guy or some such stupidity. If not for Fender, there probably wouldn't have been a Charvel company, as Wayne Charvel started out in the parts business...parts for Fenders. Besides, the last couple of years of AMIC's ownership were not exactly good examples of how to run a guitar company. Fender has done a pretty good job of turning things around, getting Jacksons back in stores and putting out some cool new models.
          sigpic

Comment

At first I thought you meant pre-CBS Fender, my bad
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Is it me or are are their more Custom Jacksons being made now that Fender is involved?

Comment

I think the Customs are being pushed more than they were before, and the re-introduction of the Strathead has certainly boosted orders I'm sure.

Pre-Fender: Corporate sits around saying "Jeez, does anyone still play these things?"

Post-Fender: Corporate sits around going "COOL! I always wanted one of these when I was a kid, and now I can go to the factory and watch Mike Shannon build one just for me!"
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well said!

Comment

I think quality was better pre fender myself. Just take a look around this forum and see all the references of messed up orders and flawed guitars leaving the factory. AMIC may not have known how to market and sell the guitars, but I never heard about so many defective guitars being unleashed on unsuspecting buyers. Then again, it could be that production is up and they are just making more mistakes # wise, but the same % wise. I kind of doubt that though, because anyone with eyes should have caught many of the obvious flaws in inspection before they hit the dealers. To me, that says that they are pushing them out the door to meet a production quota. My .02

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
                      I think quality was better pre fender myself. Just take a look around this forum and see all the references of messed up orders and flawed guitars leaving the factory. AMIC may not have known how to market and sell the guitars, but I never heard about so many defective guitars being unleashed on unsuspecting buyers. Then again, it could be that production is up and they are just making more mistakes # wise, but the same % wise. I kind of doubt that though, because anyone with eyes should have caught many of the obvious flaws in inspection before they hit the dealers. To me, that says that they are pushing them out the door to meet a production quota. My .02
                      Interesting...

Comment

i have both pre and post USA peices, and I think the quality is better now...

Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post

There were only a small fraction of the # of people posting on message boards like this one back then. The perception of the # of QC issues gets amplified bigtime. There absolutely have been problems, mainly with limited runs. But for every person who has actually had a problem, there are dozens of people spreading the word as if it happened to them personally. That was far less likely to have happened during the AMIC era.

Comment

But didn`t the comapanies stay the same?
                            Last edited by Special-K; 10-25-2006, 02:59 PM.
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

What?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X