No announcement yet.

What USA Jackson do I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jimmy b has a fantastic sl2h in bcsb. i've seen others in that finish and his is the best because it's got very dark edges and overall contrast/colour texture, whereas the others' look somewhat bland. never understood why the one one model appears in different quality levels.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

To me a Maple neck thru and Alder body combo does not pack super low end punch.
      Thats where my amp comes.

Comment

This thread is why I keep coming here. Pure entertainment!

As for a bright sounding Jackson, something with a maple top I'd say. And the soloist/dinky is the only shape that balances correctly, although the others can all have their pegs adjusted to fix the dives.

Ooh, just thought of the perfect guitar for you: Parker Fly. It's not a "Jacko," but they're super light, and the DiMarzios in them are really bright sounding.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Supersucker View Post
          do it fag
          Hey , ya need ta pull your horns in there cowboy ....

Just remember, the ass you chew out today maybe the one you have to kiss tomorrow....

A~
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

You need an SL2H.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Just remember, the ass you chew out today maybe the one you have to kiss tomorrow....

A~[/quote]

can i have that quote for my signature, please?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by DannyM View Post
                To me a Maple neck thru and Alder body combo does not pack super low end punch.
                Thats where my amp comes.
                Good point. That is why I alwyas wanted a SL2H
                Gear--- 2005 ESP LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion
                Roland Micro Cube

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV View Post
                  Hey , ya need ta pull your horns in there cowboy ....

A~
                  Sage... you see so clearly =)

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Sorry but I just cant resist commenting on this thread title anymore. There is too much abuse of the english language these days....
                    Surely it should be
                    'Which USA jackson do I want?'
                    sometimes I suprise myself how much of an anal dickhead I can be

p.s. I would go for an Sl2H
                    If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

A~
                      can i have that quote for my signature, please? [/quote]

You may Sir as long as I get credit.

A~
                      All hail the 'King'
                      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        And the soloist/dinky is the only shape that balances correctly, although the others can all have their pegs adjusted to fix the dives.
                        My sl1 had a bad neck dive problem! I got a neotech strap for it , and it went away!!
                        I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Maybe someone (Superstupid) should learn to take a joke. Or maybe I'll be the one doing the banning. I could use that $100, Newc.
                          Joke? I'm dead serious.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Do they still make the USA Dinkys? I would think that would be a good choice. Bolt on neck and Ebony board make for a bright snappy sound. The neck joint on Jackson's bolt ons are so well done, there is no restriction on upper fret access.

Comment

The best "snappy" tone I've ever heard was out of my USA DR-2, which has an ash body. I replaced the stock Screamin' Demon with a Full Shred, and that was the ticket! However, those guitars are hard to find now (ten years later) and there are no other Jacksons with ash bodies. However, the Full Shred sounds pretty similar in a Soloist, just not quite as bright. It definitely has a lot more bite to it than a JB, but isn't harsh.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X