Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which lucky bastard scored this? one of you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which lucky bastard scored this? one of you?

i really wanted it, but it was a "pick up only" on ebay (and i can't drive). life's a bitch!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

That finish is godly! And the gold hardware just fits perfectly. How much did it go for?
    Scott

Comment

i didn't see it end, but 3 days before, it was at 285 quid. the seller said it was a 1998 usa jackson. i'm not sure what it is exactly but it's frikkin gorgeous. i'm glad my dad isn't a jcf'er - i'd get no peace from the "get a fucking driving licence, son" quote.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Got a link to the ended auction?

And the finish looks great in the first pic but I'd bet the second one is closer to reality.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sorry i haven't. even the second pic shows the finish is awesome. i'm sure the seller quoted it as tobacco sunburst. looks quilted to me.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Looks like an older DK1 since it's a 22-fret bolt-on neck and H/S/S.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's no buses or trains over there?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yep, but would you travel several hours for the cost of a gator case? (equiv to $80-$100). most people work mon-fri, i work sat-wed. i'm in nottingham, the seller's in weymouth.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I dunno, man, I do know one of us has more vehicles than excuses...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    yep, but would you travel several hours for the cost of a gator case? (equiv to $80-$100). most people work mon-fri, i work sat-wed. i'm in nottingham, the seller's in weymouth.
                    Yeah, but that's England. I drive that far going to work - 7 miles :ROTF:
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, that looks like an old DK1 in tobacco burst... and I would probably travel a few hours for that one if I had the opportunity and the price was right!

Comment

i would fucking walk!

that thing is beautiful!

Comment

Well you probably know that eBay price/bidding means nothing until the final few min., and mostly the big bids and winners appear from nowhere in final 5 seconds … so if it was £285 (ie $545) at 3 days out, then it could easily have gone for crazy high price, and then it wouldn’t have looked half so attractive….plus, despite what advertisers say, most people on eBay only sell guitars because they don’t think they’re so hot…almost nobody truly sells a guitar which they genuinely think is great lol!

Oh & Wilkinsi…I’m glad you told us you’re still a relatively young kid (or not far off), cos your language needs serious attention (really, the expletives just sound silly, imho of course ).

Ian.

Comment

what? i got a language problem?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

travel

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              There's no buses or trains over there?
                              Of course there are other ways of travelling but in England it's all expensive, petrol is almost one pound a litre! and besides the roads are crap and there's too much traffic...as for railway that is expensive! Weymouth is miles away from where we are.
                              I've done 4 hours Illinois to Wisconsin by car and it was pleasant as the scenery is nice etc

Comment

Working...
                              X