Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay guys, I need some help in deciding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay guys, I need some help in deciding...

There's a Marty Friedman '98 KE1 pearl white on ebay right now and it's probably gonna be around $1400-$1450 all together if I win it......But then, themusiczoo.com is having a blowout sale until the 4th and they have a Brand new KE2 pearl white listed for $1482, so all together w/ shipping that would be $1522. Which should I go for? They're both practically the same except for the bridge, pickup config. and the fact that one is used and the other is new....I wouldn't mind either one, so help me out guys in deciding overall which would be the better choice.....HURRY!!!

brnad new man - i wouldn't want a second hand sig model

Comment

Both are cool, but I'd go for the KE2.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

KE2...
        It is new so you know everything is allright...
        And the difference in the price is really minimal
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

The KE-1 on the 'bay is mint, so I wouldn't worry about it. It really comes down to what you want. The KE-1 is the official Marty F. signature version with 1 hum and the fixed bridge. The KE-2 has 2 hums and a floyd.

A 1 hum guitar is not as versatile as far as different sounds vs. a 2 hum. Some people want floyds, some don't. So it's going to come down to what 'feature set' you desire.

Either one would be good, but the KE-2 would probably be a more versatile guitar for you and one you'd be playing more and therefore enjoying more and keeping for a long time. Having the neck hum pickup gives you the option of alternate tones, and you can even coil tap it for a single coil sound if you ever needed/wanted a clean/funk/jazz tone option someday. Can't be that versatile with the KE-1.

Comment

Ke-2

Comment

I was always week for guitars with one humbucker.. Even though I'm well aware the tonal restrictions.. I just think it looks so damn cool
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

KE1 - you can always grab a KE2, but white KE1s are pretty rare....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The KE1 used to be mine and it is mint in every single way. I know the current owner has babied it since I sold it to him earlier this year. Just depends on what features your playing style needs. Not everyone likes the Kahlers either, but for a fixed bridge guitar the Friedman KE-1s are awesome. I scored a transblack KE1 recently and I'm glad I got it. Killer guitar in every way. And the white KE1s don't pop up every day.

Comment

grab the friedman!
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                      grab the friedman!
                      TOO LATE HOHOHO!

Thanks guys for the input. I'll admit, I am about the biggest Marty Friedman freak in the world and I'd love to have that guitar, but in the end I have just purchased the Pearl white Ke2......$1500 out the door shipped from themusiczoo.com because of their blow-out sale. I chose it because of the 2 humbuckers and then the Floyd, I actually prefer the non-trems, but I had a bad experience w/ Kahlers before so. Also, not that there's anything wrong with it, but I thought it be a lil more original playing a KE2 than playing my fav. guitarist's sig. model and being a fanboy....PICS TO COME......

Comment

I'd get whichever one was green.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          I'd get whichever one was green.
                          +1
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I know you've made your decision, but just a note about the Kahler 3300. I can't speak for their trems as I've never used one, but their fixed bridge has given me zero issues in the 6+ years I've had my KE-1, and I've done zero maintenance on it. So if you have the opportunity for KE-1 again, don't let the bridge stop you.
                            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Yeah I won't.....This is actually the second time I have turned down a chance to buy a KE1, I had a chance to buy a trans black KE1 w/ a floyd about a couple of months ago, but I turned down that offer. I'm sure the non trems won't be bad at all, but I just didn't like the adjustments on the Kahlers w/ all the different allen wrenches and the whole roller bearings and stuff....

Comment

Working...
                              X