KV2 and RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 and RR1

Which neck is faster or thiner? Which one is more comfortable?
    Are they neck heavy?

btw, anyone have picture of white KV2 with pinstripes or bevels?

tnx

Jackson has the specs listed on the necks on their site. You could look their.

Comment

Playing faster is a technique, it has nothing to do with the backshape of the neck itself. It's everyone's personal preference whether they like a thinner or thicker neck better. You'd have to play different ones for yourself to get an idea of what you like.
      That being said, the KV2 should have a thinner neck over the RR1.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know that specs are on official site, but i was thinking that someone who have or had kv2 or rr1 could write his expirience with those 2 guitars.

Comment

I find unfinished necks are better for me. The kv2 has a slightly thinner neck then the rr1 but I like the dk1 and dk2m necks the best.

Comment

I own a rr-1 bengal and neck is the greatest neck i have ever played in my whole life. I have never played the KV2 tho. My suggestion would be to play them both see which feels better.

Comment

I have both. The KV2 has a thinner neck and 24 frets. It also has thinner frets than the RR. Both balance nicely on a strap with no neck dive. So now, I guess you have to play both and see which one suits you best.

Or buy both and then decide.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Tnx for replays

Haw about sitting down and playing.....which one is more comfortable?

Comment

To me, they feel similar. I like sitting down with V's. A lot of guys here say that it is uncomfortable for them. I sit with all my guitars the same way. In a classical position.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's cuz you're a classical kinda guy, Stuka!

Comment

I find sitting in the classical position with the KV is easier than an RR. The bigger (vs. an RR) lower horn seems to slip around less for me. That said, I prefer the true jumbos and 22 fret neck of the RR. So it's pretty much a toss-up.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        I find sitting in the classical position with the KV is easier than an RR. The bigger (vs. an RR) lower horn seems to slip around less for me. That said, I prefer the true jumbos and 22 fret neck of the RR. So it's pretty much a toss-up.
                        +1
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Use strap while playing seated and no problem at all
                          Because I don't say it
                          Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
                            Use strap while playing seated and no problem at all
                            + a million!!!!!!!!!! I hear people whining all the time..... I can't play a V sitting down wah wah wah... Just put a fucking strap on it and your good to go

As for the original question... I have 2 RR1's and have played a KV2 briefly and didn't really feel that much of a difference in the neck, although it was a little thinner. But, for me, I have found that you will adjust to a guitar after a while. I bought my DK1 online and when I got it, I couldn't get use to the feel of it for the life of me.The neck and frets were thinner than my RR1 I was use to playing. So, I put it up on Ebay trying to sell it and no one bought it. I then decided to just try and play it more and see if I could get use to it and after a couple of weeks my hands got use to it and it is one of my favorite guitars to play on

Comment

Working...
                            X