Tuners problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuners problem

Just scored RR1T (used, 2000 production) to replace the one that was stolen from my friend's house (He borrowed my guitar for a record and his house was robbed soon after it. Though it was not the only loss to recover he was very nice to offer me a refund immediately. )

I've used to install locking tuners on my fixed bridge guitars, because they keep tuning better and replacing broken string at the gig may be done on the fly.
    So I've decided to put the same Schaller tuners as it was on a stolen axe. And I found that the posts are too short. I still have the original tuners of stolen RR1T, so just to be shure I've checked them too and... Yes they were too short too. Compared the headstock thickness to my other Jacksons and... yes it was definately thicker.

Anyone had the same prolem? May be Sperzels or Planet Waves will fit?

Thanx
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
    Just scored RR1T (used, 2000 production) to replace the one that was stolen from my friend's house (He borrowed my guitar for a record and his house was robbed soon after it. Though it was not the only loss to recover he was very nice to offer me a refund immediately. )

I've used to install locking tuners on my fixed bridge guitars, because they keep tuning better and replacing broken string at the gig may be done on the fly.
    So I've decided to put the same Schaller tuners as it was on a stolen axe. And I found that the posts are too short. I still have the original tuners of stolen RR1T, so just to be shure I've checked them too and... Yes they were too short too. Compared the headstock thickness to my other Jacksons and... yes it was definately thicker.

Anyone had the same prolem? May be Sperzels or Planet Waves will fit?

Thanx
    Man I had the same problem with a trans green SL2H. I was gonna replace the chrome tuners with gold but the low E was too short. The original chrome ones barley fit. I thought about maybe looking for a thinner washer but in the end never got to put gold on it. I know my post is no help to you but I just wanted to let you know your not alone with this. gl

Comment

I know the headstock thickness has varied over the years, but I never put much thought into it. I´m guessing there might be tuners with longer posts available?

Comment

Working...
      X