New Issues about my custom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Issues about my custom...

Hi again guys, been working and studying a lot so I haven't got much time to ride the forum...

So here I'm back again with some ideas...

First, I've decided to buy a KV-2T to play in my hard-rock band since I don't use the Floyd at all there and I love the sound of mahogany, I though ot getting a Gibson V but then I said "why not get the best" hehehe.

So by looking at the guitar, I don't really "like" it a lot (specially because of the block inlays and the 3 per side headstock), but I dig the mahogany and the vintage looks, perfect for my band and music, but the thing that had me wondering is... what's with the 24 3/4 scale? I mean... What's the difference in feel and all between that one and the regular 25.5 inch scale?

Also, what kind of frets does it have?

Now, going to my "custom" which I still haven't ordered yet...

I was thinking about forgetting the snakeskin and getting a natural finished V with a 3/4 quilted maple top and the 5 piece neck, so it shows really nice, BUT, I thought of maybe getting it in transparent black. Now, here's the deal, I need a pic of the BACK of a transparent black Jackson, to see if the neck is completely black or if it has some kind of "transparency" so my 5 piece neck will show.

Also, about the scale, I haven't played a 24 3/4 scale guitar, or if I have )I had a Gibson FLying V Gothic before) I really can't remember... so, "officially" whcih one is best in terms of tone, playabilty and comfort? 25.5 or 24 3/4? I can live with the KV-2T having a different scale than my regular KV-2 but I want the Custom made one to have the BEST option in terms of feel and specially tone.

Help again guys!

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
    but I want the Custom made one to have the BEST option in terms of feel and specially tone.
    well, both of those things are purely subjective, so my advice to you would be to play as many different kinds of guitars that you can and come to some conclusion as to what works best for you.

sure, you can get a general concensus by asking around, but whats good for some isnt good for all. just my two cents.

Comment

I also ask this because of one thing...

I LOVE the way the natural (I mean clear coted) finish looks (like on the KV-2T) but my main worry is about the scratching stuff. On a metallic flake finished guitars, these don't show at all, I mean, you can't actually see 'em, my guess would be on a natural it won't either but I'm not sure, maybe having some kind of slight colour like black it would be even less noticeable or will it make it worse?

Comment

A 24.3/4 scale feels looser (not as much string tension) other than that they feel very similar.Most Jacksons have jumbo frets.Gibson faded Vs are dirt cheap at MF right now.They have very little finish and you can see the wood.You are going to play it right? Its going to get pick scratches and dings you can't help that.I play the shit out of mine and they have the scars to prove it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys...

Can someone with a natural finished Jackson tell me if they show as much as say, a completely black one? Or, in this paritcular case... a Transparent BLACK one?

Don't forget the back of the neck pix of a transparent black Jacky please...

Comment

I have a soloist in trans-black the the back of the guitar-neck-headstock is all black. No transparency at all. I mean it's superblack. But if you go custom shop . . . they'll do something like that for you no prob. But I feel that a trans-black finish will not show what you want to have shown very well.

Comment

Re: the back of the neck with Trans Black. The maple portion with show some transparency, but depending on what woods ie; Koa, Paudak, Mahogany etc. you want in the lamination, the trans will be darker than straight maple on those woods.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

What's the benefit of transparent vs. regular finishes? Will having the extra layer of paint cause any negative effect on tone and resonance? Will a natural finished guitar sound "better"?

Now, in terms of feel, it will feel just like a painted guitar right? Except, it will be transparent, right? I mean, it's the same kind of coating found on regularly painted guitars ?

Comment

Transparent Jacky

j/k
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                  X