2 questions about this V (or RR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions about this V (or RR)

Ok, I think I want my custom King V to look like this... I love the vintage look it has and it looks like a piece of furniture as well LOL! Also, I'm thinking about getting Seymour Duncans instead of EMG's... will that be a SIN ? I mean, is there a plus in having passives instead of actives? Specially now that I plan on playing hard rock (not much death metal anymore...)

This guitar is on the Jackson custom shop gallery at their website, and It stunned me! I mean, I loved the way the BC Rich's Supreme Mockingbirds and Bich'es looked (the ones with the quilted maple) and this is a Jackson so it's great. Check it out:

It's called "Whiskey Breath" and it says it was built for Mike Fuller. It's made of solid quilted maple... Okay, I want it to be 3/4 quilted and to have a mahogany back, but I do want to have the neck looking the same (check out the back):

(without finish)

Ok, here are my questions (requests):

1) Anybody has a pic of the headstock? I saw that it had LSR tuners but I can't really see the headstock from the pic, and I wanna see the veneer and all. So, anybody got any pix from it please?

2) What would be the color of this finish? I mean, it looks "natural" but obviously has some kind of a brownish tan to it, anyone knows how is it called?

Now, well, this is a question too... between chrome and black hardware... which one will last longer and not tarnish and look pretty always?

Help! I'm going crazy because I wanna order the guitar but since I live in Peru... I can't get much first hand sightings, and I think this kind of guitar (natural looking) appeals more to me now, I mean, look at it

Oh, I forgot... what are the tonal characteristics of quilted maple? I mean, this guitar is made out of SOLID quilted maple, how will that sound? Compared to say, mahogany?

Comment

I thought your King V was going to be a snakeskin
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

1- Nope, can´t remember seeing the head on that one.
        2- No problems, just tell them you want that exact color. You don´t have to specify the name.
        3- I´m thinking chrome might age somewhat better than black. But on the other hand you could always get new hardware when the black starts to show age perhaps twenty years from now. If you take good care of the hardware this isn´t a major issue.
        4- It´s hard to tell how any guitar sounds based just on the wood... I´ve heard both bright and kinda dark maple guitars. Too many other factors come into play to give an exact answer, even the variations of different pieces of the exact same wood. But generally maple is considered to have a bright and chunky tone, as preferred by many eighties hard rockers.

Comment

It might be a 'root-beer' finish

Comment

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
            X