Possible DK1 M???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible DK1 M???

What do people think the interest would be in a second DK1 version with maple fingerboard and passive pickups instead of the evil EMGs and that stupid little battry compartment that ruins the whole thing!

i doubt it. the usa select series has never gone through any significant changes (not to my knowledge anyway).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      i doubt it. the usa select series has never gone through any significant changes (not to my knowledge anyway).
      the original DK1 was 22 frets, H-S-S with Duncans. Maybe not a radical change, but some would consider it significant
      Hail yesterday

Comment

well i did say "not to my knowledge"
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
          What do people think the interest would be in a second DK1 version with maple fingerboard and passive pickups instead of the evil EMGs and that stupid little battry compartment that ruins the whole thing!

I like my battery compartment on my DK1 and wish it was bigger to hold two batteries.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post

I like my battery compartment on my DK1 and wish it was bigger to hold two batteries.
            Haha, well I guess they should offer both, if EMGs are still popular, my impression is people in general are moving back to more natural pickups but that's just my impression, and this might sound crazy but I would not buy a DK1 and switch to Duncans because the then useless battary department would annoy me!
            Last edited by tanpsi; 11-15-2006, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I´m thinking it´s not entirely improbable. I understand that the DK2M is a runaway success, and they have added some things to the Select line-up in the past... like the tunamatic versions of the SL and RR, the SL2HMAH and two new models in the WR1 and the KV2T. It´s not all set in stone, it seems.

Comment

Haha, well I guess they should offer both, if EMGs are still popular, my impression is people in general are moving back to more natural pickups
                I think EMGs are more popular now than ever before. They're actually stock on a lot of of guitars, high end and low end, which I think has only come about in the last few years.

Well, replacement pickups in general (Duncans, Dimarzios and EMGs) are fitted to factory guitars more commonly now as opposed to 20 years ago when a lot more manufacturers used generic pickups.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Those specs are pretty much what a 2 hum Charvel is, except full sized strat body. Unless, of course, you meant black sharkies on maple.

Comment

but I would not buy a DK1 and switch to Duncans because the then useless battary department would annoy me!

It would make a good place to stash your weed when you're gigging
                    Good deals with:
                    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      Those specs are pretty much what a 2 hum Charvel is, except full sized strat body. Unless, of course, you meant black sharkies on maple.
                      True, I tried one of the Charvels and liked it, but I prefer the dinky body and definitly prefer the recessed trem. Oh well there's always a custom ( and getting a second job to pay for it)

Comment

Agree. A 24 fret bolt-on USA dinky with passive pups is exactly what I would want. But I guess there are a lot of people who think "why buy a bolt-on when the the neck-thru is only a couple of bucks more?" I think they have to set them apart from their neck-thru models or else nobody would buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post

I concur. Dos battery compartment for 18v goodness.
                          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                          X