New member, new axe (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new axe (pics)

Hi there, Just got a used USA Jackson guitar , so I figured I would show it off... jk, enjoy.

I think it is either a 95 or 96 custom shop.

Very cool. Swapped pickups?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm not sure. I am trying to find some info on it. I would post the serial number, but I have it in the shop right now. (Replacing string sadles.) I hope to find out more about it.

Comment

Welcome mattv. That is a "round horn" Flying V, and it's a body style Jackson will not produce anymore (Gibson shape). The polka dots and bowtie inlays indicate it was that run, a tribute to Randy Rhoads and his old Sandoval V.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome!!! Cool Guitar

Comment

thanks guys! I knew it was a randy tribute, which is the reason why I bought it. I just have not seen this style jackson with that bridge before. It plays great.

Comment

cool interpretation of Randy's Polka Sandoval !

Comment

The main run of Polka Dots (157 of them) was back in '96 I believe....they were all Floyded....there was a smaller run of them after that with the vintage trems....they seem to sell for a little less than the Floyded ones, even though they're a tad closer to Randy's.
                RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                X